Corporate Legal Counsel
Our Legal team achieves more every day. So can you.
We like to think big at TomTom. We are looking for bright, curious minds to join the legal TomTom team. Here is a little taste of your challenge...
- You will report to the Head of Corporate Affairs & Company Secretary responsible for corporate legal affairs (including M&A, corporate governance, corporate housekeeping, compliance programs and HR legal support), public affairs and information security and privacy;
- Provide business oriented pragmatic legal advice in a dynamic, international and stimulating environment.
- Ensure compliance with local company laws, corporate governance and assist in corporate projects (like M&A, group restructuring);
- Support the development and implementation of global compliance programs and projects and ensure compliance with policies, procedures and controls.
- Provide business focused, commercial and proactive legal support to the business;
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of international commercial contracts; Instruct external lawyers when and where appropriate;
- Analyze and translate relevant legislation into legal guidelines, procedures and contracts.
What do we expect from you?
A great Corporate Legal Counsel at TomTom can't be defined. There is no one way to go about the work, and everyone is different. But to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Qualified lawyer with a maximum of 4 years of legal experience in M&A, Dutch company law (including corporate governance) and securities law, in a law firm or as an in house lawyer in an international company;
- Master degree completed at a Dutch university
- Excellent skills in drafting legal documents and solid experience negotiating and concluding commercial contracts;
- Developed and sophisticated oral and written communication skills necessary to work effectively with and win confidence of diverse stakeholders across the business;
- Excellent command of English, both verbally and in writing.
What you can expect from us
- We like to have fun together. There is no sense in coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with. Our work space is located in Amsterdam.
- We bounce ideas off each other to drive innovation throughout the company. Have a suggestion? See a new way of doing something? TomTom's founders are still very present and accessible. We all are. Entrepreneurialism is valued, and there is always room for good ideas.
- We decide, act and follow things through – fast. We don't like to wait. It's in our hearts to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't slow the company down with too many layers of decision-making. We make things happen. Quickly.
- We never get bored. We feel like a "start-up", but have the resources and benefits of a billion euro company.
- The opportunity to fully understand and integrate with the business;
- Compensation includes a generous base salary, a bonus scheme, 25 paid vacation days.
Interested? Apply now!
We want to meet you! Apply to say hi. Please complete the online form and attachments in English. Do note that pre-employment screening are part of the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top