Channel Sales Development Manager, London
Channel Sales Development Manager, London
TomTom empowers movement. As an industry leader, we excel at designing and developing innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. TomTom has grown from a Dutch based start-up company into a multi-national, global brand. As our original founders remain committed to the business, together with TomTom's global team of passionate and dedicated employees, we will continue to create new products and achieve our goals.
Where do you want to be?
We are looking for an achievement driven B2B sales professional to join TomTom's Consumer Sales team in London. As a key contributor to this team, the Channel Sales Development Manager will focus exclusively on developing new business for TomTom Bridge, a unique connected mobility solution where navigation and business apps come together. You will be involved in pricing strategy and watching over developments within the customer's organization which may affect future business. The main responsibility of this role will entail developing the channel of VARS and distributors within the UK territory. In addition you will maintain customer relationships in order to increase business within existing accounts.
We are looking for an independent self-starter able to personally own the following activities:
- Understand the customer's business, business issues and articulate business value at the executive level;
- Assess each sales opportunity, anticipate the competition, develop and execute a winning strategy;
- Anticipate customers' needs and successfully strategize within TomTom to develop solutions;
- Communicate effectively with the customer and relate the benefits of TomTom's products and services;
- Act as the customer advocate to ensure that the customer's expectations are met with respect to projects, products, shipments and other aspects;
- Manage business against individual quota (monthly, quarterly and annual plan);
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasts using the CRM system;
What do we expect from you?
To be successful as a Channel Sales Development Manager, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Sales experience within IT companies in UK in any of the following industries: System Integrators, Location Based Services, GIS, Transport, Consulting, Portable & Wireless or Telecommunications; experience with Government and Enterprise;
- Successful track record in Business Development and Strategic Account Management;
- Result orientated, resilient, team player, flexible and entrepreneurial;
- Successful track record in the sales of new accounts;
- Experience in managing a 6-18 months sales cycle;
- Proven successful experience in solution selling or the sales of a major component of an integrated solution;
- Demonstrated ability to work with OEMs, handset manufacturers, Mobile Network Operators, application developers;
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis;
- English native speaker
What do we offer?
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, with the opportunity to work with colleagues from different countries and cultures;
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion-euro company.
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you're not having fun.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued.
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
- Flexible benefits, 25 days annual leave, collective health insurance, pension scheme, up to 50% discount on products, bonus scheme and more.
Who are we?
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. We design and develop innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. Our map-based components include map content, online map-based services, real-time traffic, and navigation software. Our consumer products include PNDs, navigation apps, and GPS sports watches. Our main business products are custom in-dash navigation systems and a fleet management system, which is offered to fleet owners as an online service with integrated in-vehicle cellular devices.
Our business consists of four customer facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Business Solutions. Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,500 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 35 countries. For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com.
If you would like to be part of this winning international team and help TomTom further position ourselves as the authority in location and navigation solutions, please apply at: www.tomtom.com/careers.
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top