C++ Expert Engineer - Navigation Engine
Our team achieves more every day. So can you.
We have been making navigation devices since 2004 and the market leader ever since.
And we are not slowing down.
- Does clean and maintainable code make you smile more than a good coffee?
- Would you like to bring the navigation experience to life for millions of TomTom users?
- Do you want to work on a solution which operates on all sorts of devices and platforms?
- Would you like to work in a Scrum/Agile team on innovative solutions?
The TomTom Navigation Engine is used on numerous devices such as smartphones, in-car dashboards and your web browser. Determining the quickest route and best navigation experience for human and automated drivers is all about calculations with lots of variables. As a C++ Engineer you are working on functionalities of the Navigation Engine in a Scrum Team configuration.
Here's a little taste of your challenge
- Produce great code
- One minute you are discussing race conditions in multi-threaded code on a review, next you are in a whiteboard session with your colleagues drawing up the design of the next feature: you love what we refer to as "perfect code" that is recognized by your peers as being elegant and simple.
- Constantly develop yourself
- Languages evolve, platforms change and so you learn. You grab the chances we offer to develop yourself because you are curious and like to work with the latest tools and techniques in an ever changing technological landscape.
What we expect from you
- Top-notch C++ programming skills and engineering know-how (and a desire to keep learning).
- Willingness to work on large and complex projects using the latest Agile processes.
- Able to work and play well with others; TomTom is a collaborative environment.
- Ability to teach and be a mentor to your team - will be a plus
What you can expect from us
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued.
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
- Łódź, a pretty cool city to live and work. Lots of inspiration and when it's sunny, the whole city comes alive!
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
Please apply through www.tomtom.com/careers.
Your recruiter for this job is Katarzyna Paczynska.
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top