C++ Engineer with Networking experience
Our team achieves more every day. So can you.
We have been making navigation products since 2002 and have been the market leader ever since.
And, we are not slowing down.
- Do you want to work on a C++ solution which operates on all sorts of devices and platforms?
- Does clean and maintainable code make you smile more than a good coffee?
- Do you have the networking experience to connect to the Cloud?
As a C++ Software Engineer you'll have the opportunity to connect the TomTom Solutions, used by millions of people, to the cloud. More specifically, keeping all of our embedded devices and services connected to our next generation cloud platform.
Here's a little taste of your challenge
- Code C++ Connectivity solutions in our cross-platform navigation solution
- Lay the foundation of connectivity in TomTom: more devices to be connected over time
- Joining-in with Architect to help design the connectivity features on our devices and services
- Raise the bar in terms of maintainability: you'll be working on different features every sprint
- Help improve our software development and continuous delivery process every day
What we expect from you
- Commercial experience with C++ programming language
- Experience with embedded software development is a plus
- Knowledge of automated testing techniques and tools
- Good knowledge of design patterns and clean code principles
- Experience with networking libraries (TCP/IP)
- Agile Experience is a plus
What you can expect from us
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don't like the people you work with.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued.
- Decisive actions. We don't like to wait. It's in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don't jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
- Amsterdam. A pretty cool city to live and work. Lots of inspiration and when it's sunny, the whole city comes alive!
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top