Business Legal Counsel
We are looking for the brightest minds in law to join our Legal team.
Your opportunity lies with TomTom's Business Legal team providing dedicated legal support to the TomTom Telematics business unit and its management team. You will report to the Legal Director ultimately responsible for the TomTom Telematics business unit. TomTom Telematics was founded in 2005 with the introduction of an out-of-the-box fleet management solution. Today, TomTom Telematics is a world leader in fleet management and recognized as Europe's fastest growing Telematics Service Provider.
Here is a taste of your opportunity:
- Providing business focused, strategic, commercial and proactive legal support to all TomTom Telematics stakeholders, including its management team;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of international commercial contracts and terms and conditions;
- Pro-actively notify and train the business on (new) laws and regulations and ensure efficient and effective implementation;
- Advise on legal aspects of new product introduction and service development;
- Support the development and implementation of compliance programs and projects;
- Instruct external lawyers when and where appropriate to ensure the best possible outcome for the business;
- Resolve commercial disputes and coordinate commercial litigation proceedings.
- Assist in corporate transactions.
- Assist in training and managing junior legal counsels
What do we expect from you?
You will be required to have a proven track record in negotiating and drafting commercial contracts, providing tailored legal advice to executive management and you will need to demonstrate a confident, pragmatic and solution orientated approach to providing commercially minded and timely legal support. This is an opportunity where you will be expected to work closely with business partners and provide business oriented legal advice to a dynamic, international and fast moving business operating across many different jurisdictions.
To be successful as a legal counsel, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Master's degree in law;
- 5 - 7 years of relevant experience gained at an international law firm and in a commercial in-house environment;
- Good understanding of and experience with commercial law, technology and software licensing, competition law, data privacy, corporate law in an international environment;
- Excellent drafting skills, substantial experience in assessing, negotiating and concluding international commercial contracts and experience advising on corporate transactions;
- Commercial, pragmatic and structured approach, combined with the ability to be flexible and creative;
- Strong team player with a proven ability to take charge and give clear and succinct guidance to the executive management and forge strong working relationships across the business;
- Excellent command of English, both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of another major European language is a considerable advantage;
- Affinity with the IT industry is a prerequisite.
What do we offer?
- A very exciting role in the cutting-edge field of Telematics
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, dealing with all kind of different countries and cultures;
- The opportunity to fully understand and integrate with the business;
- Compensation includes a generous base salary and benefits.
Sound good? Click apply!
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top