Autonomous Driving R&D Engineer
Our team achieves more every day. So can you.
At TomTom we have some of the largest labelled maps-related databases in the world.
This puts us in a unique position to advance highly automated driving and impact the future of driving.
We are seeking a computer vision and machine learning R&D engineer for our Autonomous Driving team.
From TomTom's headquarters in Amsterdam, you are researching world class algorithms and models to innovate our map technology for self-driving cars, and to automatically extract features relevant for autonomous driving.
Why you would love to work with us:
- You will work together with professionals in an open, friendly environment where creativity is key
- We are close to the research community and work on cutting edge algorithms and models
- We are passionate about our work, and take ownership of and pride in what we do and achieve
- You will have access to huge amount of labelled maps-related databases
- Your innovative solutions will be put to practice, changing people's everyday lives
What we expect from you
- Solid academic background in computer vision and machine learning with a postgraduate degree
- Proven practical experience with relevant topics in computer vision and machine learning
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as Caffe, Torch or TensorFlow
- Expert knowledge of modern C++ and proficiency in Python
- Top-notch programming skills and software engineering know-how, and a desire to keep learning
- Ability to write clean, elegant and maintainable production-level code
- Creative problem solver and team player with strong conceptual skills
- Highly motivated to work in a research and prototyping environment, and to be getting your work into production
- Ability to work well with others; TomTom is a collaborative environment
- Active participation in our scientific reading group
- Self-motivated and dedicated to excellence
- Fluency in English
Being such an innovative position, preferably you also have
- A strong publication record with the top-tier computer vision and machine learning conferences and journals
- Prior experience in Automotive R&D
- Prior experience with LIDAR and Radar data
- Prior experience with programming resource-constrained platforms (e.g. embedded or mobile)
- Prior experience with GPU programming (CUDA, OpenCL)
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
Please apply through www.tomtom.com/careers.
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top