Automotive Marketing Communication Intern
Events and Communication Intern at TomTom Automotive
There has never been a more fascinating time for the automotive industry. New technologies are disrupting decades-old models, and TomTom is playing a key role in this revolution. After enabling everyone to never get lost again while driving, TomTom Automotive is today at the forefront of a fundamental paradigm change: the rise of autonomous vehicles.
Would you like to be a part of a passionate global team that takes pride in delivering high-level, international trade events for TomTom Automotive? Do you want to contribute to driving the visibility of TomTom in the global automotive sector? Are you passionate about technology generally and the automotive world specifically and want to help us shape the future of driving?
Meet the TomTom Automotive Marketing team at Paris Motor Show 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_4uf4mmYQ0
The role will give you the opportunity to experience working for a fast moving multinational company and allows you to contribute to the execution of our automotive product strategy and marketing plans. You will also have the chance to develop considerable understanding of the automotive industry, and work and learn from a team of dedicated professionals with extensive backgrounds in the high-tech and automotive industry. The automotive "Events and Communication" department is a small team reporting into the VP Product Management & Marketing Automotive, overlooking all B2B and B2C events for the TomTom Automotive division. The team is also responsible for coordinating all "marcom" topics within the Automotive group – both above and below the line.
Here's a little taste of your challenge:
Assist the Marketing Manager in the organisation and flawless execution of major international automotive trade shows and conferences (for example, Frankfurt Motor Show);
- Coordinate, in cooperation with internal and external stakeholders, the creation and rollout of marketing material for the automotive division (sales support material - corporate, internal…);
- Support the team in day-to-day activities – internal events coordination, internal communication, online content (website management).
What do we expect from you?
To be successful as an events and communications intern, this is the kind of profile we are looking for:
- University / business school student in the last two years of studies;
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English;
- Proven interest in technology, innovation and the automotive industry;
- Energetic, result-driven, pro-active, problem-solving attitude;
- Able to see the big picture and small details altogether;
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- Able to work to tight deadlines and to juggle priorities;
- You should be enrolled as a full-time student for the complete duration of the internship.
What can you expect from us?
- An adventure in the cutting-edge field of digital mapping, traffic and navigation solutions;
- An opportunity to work in a fast-paced, innovative and international environment, dealing with people from different walks of life;
- A challenging and rewarding hands-on experience as part of the Automotive Marketing team;
- 500 Euros (Gross based on full-time work);
- A 6 months' internship contract;
- An exciting opportunity to be part of our internship program "Interns on Track".
Who are we?
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. We design and develop innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals.
Our map-based components include map content, online map-based services, real-time traffic, and navigation software. Our consumer products include PNDs, navigation apps, and GPS sports watches. Our main business products are custom in-dash navigation systems and a fleet management system, which is offered to fleet owners as an online service with integrated in-vehicle cellular devices.
Our business consists of four customer facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Telematics.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4000 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 36 countries. For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
For the full story about the vacancy (JR0000864) or procedure, please click on the apply button, and go to www.tomtom.com/careers
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top