Five years from now we'll be active in areas we haven't yet dreamed of'.
Harold Goddijn, CEO TomTom.
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions.
Would you like to contribute in designing and developing innovative products that help people every day to move towards their goals?
Where do you want to be?
As an Architect you will be working with a team of skilled, innovative and passionate engineers in creating cutting edge software solutions for creating and maintaining digital maps.
You support the team in creating breakthrough solutions, advancing agile development principles and improving engineering practices.
You are responsible for the successful creation of ground-breaking software solutions, while delivering customer value, with high quality along with continuous personal advancement.
You are asked to deliver the following:
- Understanding stakeholders' requirements and translate them into concrete cross-platform architectural solutions;
- Support development teams with expert technical guidance, predicting, identifying, assessing and solving application related issues;
- Capture critical business needs and translate them into concrete cross-platform architectural solutions
- Assist in creating and reviewing product design documents to ensure compliance with architecture standards;
- Define internal standards and solutions for own field of expertise and focus on creating cross-platform architectural solutions;
- Promote improvements for software development practices, processes and standards with consideration of quality, innovation, and productivity.
- Increase technical knowledge and skills in own field of expertise and share knowledge with colleagues within and outside the own team
- Support and lead the developers working in an agile model under your responsibility, assist engineers in solving technical problems
- Promote improvements for software development practices, processes and standards with consideration of quality, innovation, and productivity
- Build and maintain links to product owners and other product units to ensure appropriate communication paths are established and used.
- Supports product owner to identify and determine short and long term requirements for the team.
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent field
- Must have 10+ years of experience with a proven track record on technologies like Java, J2EE, Hibernate, Spring, Flex, HTML, CSS, Oracle, PostGreSQL, or other databases
- Expert hands on knowledge of latest technology, good exposure to web technologies and open to all technologies
- Proven track record with complex architectural designs and getting them developed / deployed
- Very good exposure to devops concepts and tools, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Quick learner, believes in continuous learning and acts as a catalyst for building the culture within the organization
- Analytical thinking skills, problems solving with strong exposure to root causing tools and techniques and ability to come up with win-win solutions in complex business situations,
- Exposure to machine learning and NN
- Hands on experience of handling (or at least being major part of) complex business situations and enterprise level software products
- Thinker – can come up with ideas and has the courage and perseverance to bring them to reality
- Puts the team before self, believes in and is capable of building strong teams across units and rallying team's support for a cause
- Leads from the front, empowers his/her teams to taken their own decisions.
- Good Communication
- Active listening
- Challenges self and team
- Open to giving and receiving feedback
- Ability to coach and mentor people on technical topics
- Awareness and experience in working with multicultural, multi-locations teams
GOOD TO HAVE:
Exposure to Agile Has worked in medium to big scale product organizations
What do we offer?
An adventure in the bleeding-edge field of digital mapping, traffic and navigation solutions; The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, dealing with all kind of different countries and cultures;
Who are we?
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. We design and develop innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals.
Our map-based components include map content, online map-based services, real-time traffic, and navigation software. Our consumer products include PNDs, navigation apps, and GPS sports watches. Our main business products are custom in-dash navigation systems and a fleet management system, which is offered to fleet owners as an online service with integrated in-vehicle cellular devices.
Our business consists of four customer facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Telematics.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4800 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 37 countries. For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com/careers
TomTom India Private Limited is one of India's Best IT & IT- BPM Company to Work for - 2015. It is amongst 50 Best IT & IT-BPM companies to work for in India and amongst the Top 5 among Emerging organizations in IT & IT-BPM.
For the full story about the vacancy or procedure, please click on www.tomtom.com/careers or contact Swathi Kesireddy.
Online assessments and pre-employment screening are part of the selection process.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top