For the accountant that wants more than only work with numbers but wants to understand the company in detail and build relationships.
Not only are we known for keeping the world moving forward every day, we strive to keep you moving forward in your career too. We look for people who bring innovative thinking to everything they do. Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you entrepreneurial and a self-starter? Do you like to experience and learn things beyond your function? At TomTom you will never get bored.
TomTom operates a Shared Services model for its service units. The Business Accounting team performs margin accounting and subsidy activities in TomTom.
The Business Accounting team is currently comprised of six people (5 in Amsterdam and 1 in Lebanon (US) and we are looking for a new team member. The business accountant we are looking for is someone who is good with numbers, but also with people. He or she needs to be able to correctly account and understand accounting processes, but also build relationships throughout the company. He or she needs to have a drive to understand how things work.
Our Job is to translate the company to numbers.
As Business accountant you will get to know the R&D projects, the technology created from the projects and the products we sell based on that technology. From beginning to end you will be involved in different aspects. You will have as Business Accountant a unique view of the company in order to provide complete and accurate accounting information.
This role suits a hands-on, motivated, self-starter with excellent interpersonal, organizational and influencing skills.
- Prepare general ledger entries to ensure completeness and accuracy of the financial results for month-end close;
- Ensure deadlines for month-end close and financial reporting requirements are met and all accounting and reporting activities are performed in accordance with the accounting policies of the organization;
- Analyze and review balance sheet and P&L positions and send out analytical reports and reconciliations out to the Business and Corporate Finance.
- Review and follow-up of monthly financial results with BU controllers and Business Accounting manager;
- Compile all supporting documentation for balances;
- Compile royalty reports based upon external royalty contracts.
- Manage preparation of year-end audit schedules as required, working in cooperation with internal and external auditors;
- Ensure that you are aware of new product specifications and releases so that we can verify and setup the correct master data for accounting purposes.
- Participate in ad hoc projects to support management and the project team in various tasks.
What we expect from you
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Economics, Finance or equivalent with 2-3 years of accounting experience in a medium/large size organization;
- Strong analytical and technical accounting skills are necessary for success in this role;
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external parties;
- Ability to work in a structured way, service oriented, dynamic, flexible, pro-active, self- starter, and hands-on mentality;
- Excel skills are required; SharePoint, Access, SQL or Visual Basic knowledge preferred.
- Experience with and knowledge of ERP accounting software, and all Microsoft Office applications is required.SAP experience preferred;
- Experience working in an international company is beneficial;
- Must be a strong team player and self-starter, hands-on-mentality, highly motivated, and able to work under pressure during peak periods;
- Fluency in English;
What you can expect?
- You will never get bored!We move fast like a "start-up" but have the benefits of a billion euro company;
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard.You will join a team of different nationalities that like to have fun together.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something. There is always room for good ideas.Entrepreneurialism is valued;
We want to meet you! Apply to say hi. Please complete the online form and attachments in English. To get the full story about this vacancy or the application procedure, please contact Botho Koldeweij.
Do note that pre-employment screening are part of the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Meet Some of TomTom's Employees
Telematics Sales Support Specialist
Julie helps support the sales process for the Telematics Division—the group that sells TomTom products directly to businesses that have fleets of one to 500 vehicles.
Back to top