The TOMS Vice President of Merchandising is responsible for the on-time delivery of trend right products and programs that deliver quality, profitability and story telling that continually progresses the line, is consumer centric and is relevant to the TOMS global consumer.
- Own, manage and drive global product merchandise calendar, identifying key milestone dates/changes
- Responsible for Seasonal weighted margins and SKU efficiencies to design team ensuring there is a clear strategy and direction for the season
- Oversees line plan and data management (master data to sales data/reporting)
- Drive global input into line architecture/process; use insights to make strategic decisions and historical data to determine where to invest and divest by working closely with Director of Consumer Insights
- Develop the Long Range Plan (LRP) and vision for TOMS product in partnership with Chief Merchandising Officer
- Drive continued innovation and continual improvement of processes for Merchandising & Design teams through strategic reactivity.
- Attend and represent global Product team for sales meetings, tradeshows and other key account meetings
- Partner with marketing on the development of seasonal product stories to ensure product is presented as envisioned for launch at sales meetings
- Partner with development to uphold quality standards, drive efficiencies and seek responsible solutions
- Manage Merchandising and Design teams and annual budgets
Requirements and Qualifications
Superior analytical and decision-making skills with the ability to translate into strategic plans
Success using data (KPIs) in measurable ways to achieve a specific strategic result that is relevant to the organization
A high level of learning agility with the ability to translate conceptual strategies into easily understood execution plans and lead change management
Strong leadership skills and experience attracting, retaining and developing employees, as well as the ability to set clear goals and expectations
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, advanced degree is a plus
- 10+ years' of experience in merchandising, product creation and/or retail, in a vertical or wholesale environment
- Must have experience as a manager who can properly influence people and process in a manner that enriches the company's culture and overall team performance
- Must have a successful track record of leadership and the ability to attract, develop and retain world class talent
- Must be a consummate team player, putting others before self, and actively engage stakeholders at all levels
- Must be customer focused, both internal and external to the Company
- Must be an outstanding servant leader, with excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Must be business savvy and have the ability to grasp the business model and strategic plans of the enterprise
- Must be highly adept and capable of building and maintaining trusting partnerships and relationships across the board with business unit leadership as well as with the company's external consumer, wholesale, retail and cross-functional partners
Lift, pull, push and/or carry up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally, as needed (0-15%)
EEO Statement: TOMS is an equal opportunity employer and will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the ordinance.
Meet Some of TOMS's Employees
Retail Regional Manager
Megan manages TOMS’ retail locations on the western side of the United States, ensuring systems are up and running, sales goals are being met, and the team is strong.
Back to top