Vice President, Brand Marketing
Based in Los Angeles, the Vice President of Brand Marketing will contribute to TOMS' success by serving as a key business partner to the Chief Merchandising and Brand Officer and collaborating with cross-functional business leaders. He or she will be the key marketing leader in executing an integrated marketing and communications strategy to ensure consistency across all brand segments globally and customer experience touch points including; product, digital, social, in-store, online, print and direct mail.
The VP of Brand Marketing is also responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, training, and managing all marketing functions to achieve company objectives for sales, growth, profitability and visibility while ensuring a position consistent with TOMS' corporate values.
The VP, Brand Marketing will leverage his or her proficiency in New Media Marketing and Communications with senior leadership to:
- Ensure consistent integrated brand representation across all brands, channels and touch points.
- Strong experience in product marketing with retail understanding and storytelling.
- Lead integrated marketing and communication execution for product and giving programs to ensure consistency across all customer experience touchpoints, including product, digital, social, in-store, online, print and direct mail.
- Innovate with new media marketing tactics; social, digital, CRM and direct response.
- Establish and enhance direct to consumer strategy across channels; retail, E-Commerce.
- Proficiency managing external relationships and agencies.
- Build strong partnerships and establish credibility with the internal team, based upon a demonstrated collaborative approach, leadership skills and experience.
- Manage an operating budget for the marketing function delivering both top line revenues and bottom line margin and profits. Leverage all available resources to control and minimize expenses.
- Work cross-functionally to integrate marketing, product, sales, sourcing and production and other related functions with brand marketing and creative.
- Evaluate and track key metrics and success criteria for all marketing, advertising, and PR programs and activations.
- Anticipate and implement necessary changes to strategy and execution process to support the company's expansion both geographically and through new marketing initiatives and campaigns.
- Provide global leadership, insight and guidance to Americas, EMEA and APAC regions.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Collaborative leader who understands the inter-connectivity of strategy, brand building, and marketing innovation.
- Execution oriented leader
- Experience working in footwear/fashion/apparel/retail industries is strongly preferred.
- "Disruptive" thinker, who challenges others to think differently and innovate in service to the brand and the business.
- Over 15 years of experience successfully building and executing an integrated marketing and communication strategy within a start-up, early and high growth business with financial metric responsibility.
- Strong experience and proven track record of innovating and executing new media marketing tactics in social, digital, CRM and direct response that aligns with TOMS
- Superior analytical and decision-making skills with the ability to translate into an executable strategic plan.
- Market facing with a track record of strong consumer understanding and foresight.
- Success using data (KPIs) in a measurable way to achieve a specific strategic result that is relevant to the organization.
- A high level of learning agility with the ability to translate conceptual strategies into easily understood execution plans and change management.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- An alliance builder who is able to integrate himself/herself into the TOMS culture and work collaboratively with global teams.
- A proven extraordinary team and culture builder.
- An individual who is able to operate in a matrix and cross-functional organization.
- A global citizen who is committed to driving social impact in an authentic, unique and resonant way. A high degree of perseverance and level of patience.
- An individual with unquestionable integrity and ethics.
Performance Driven: Able to translate insight into action and strategies that will achieve the profit and sales objectives of TOMS. Focused on both short- and long-term financial results, this individual will constantly evaluate the bottom-line impact of recommended marketing strategies and push back on campaigns, programs, activations, tactics that do not meet needs or contribute real economic and strategic value. He or she will bring the natural inquisitiveness of a marketer, continuously looking for opportunities to improve the messaging, methods and tactics to exceed expectations. This person is intellectually curious and leads the team on continuous improvement.
Collaboration and Influencing: Emotionally astute leader who excels at building bridges and forging close working relationships across the organization. Willing to take a stand and build the case for change, always seeking input and engaging colleagues along the way. Not afraid to engage in healthy, respectful debate but wholeheartedly supports and executes the consensus decision. Actively contributes to the broader organization and shares best practices.
Team Leadership: Builds, grows and motivates a high-performing, diverse, global team, actively engaging team members to develop plans and resolve issues. Holds team accountable for performance objectives. Fosters a collegial, tight-knit team environment, anchored in trust and a sense of purpose.
Entrepreneurial: Able to work quickly, make decisions and take action in an environment of limited resources. Hands-on and willing and able to quickly transition from the Boardroom to the warehouse; possesses a roll-up-the-sleeves mindset.
TOMS is an equal opportunity employer and will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Meet Some of TOMS's Employees
Retail Regional Manager
Megan manages TOMS’ retail locations on the western side of the United States, ensuring systems are up and running, sales goals are being met, and the team is strong.
Back to top