Supply Chain Internship - EMEA HQ
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
We're looking for an ambitious Intern to join our European HQ based in Amsterdam. Could this be you?
Why work for TOMS? We are more than a company; we are a Movement. At TOMS we take our mission of "Improving lives through business" very seriously and we hope you will too. Since we first launched in 2006, our community has impacted nearly 100.000.000 lives.
If you are not familiar with TOMS, our business philosophy is rooted in the concept of Giving. Today, we give 1/3 of our profits to organisations around the world that are working to create positive change. That means that for every ₠3 we make, we give ₠1 away-both in the form of shoes for those in need as well as impact grants to fuel meaningful work.
Excited to read more about us?
You are part of a team which consists of the Manager Logistics, Manager Wholesale Operations, the Customer Service Manager, the Customer Service Representatives and the Logistics Coordinator. You will report to the Manager Wholesale Operations. As Intern Supply Chain you will support the team on three important areas:
• Build reports from our Supply Chain systems, focus on returns
• Implement cost saving projects to grow the margins
• Support the Supply Chain team with several day to day tasks.
Supporting cost saving projects will include scope management, project management, gap analysis and change management activities. You will be able to inform stakeholders on the status per deliverable. Besides, you do understand what needs to change in our operation to achieve an efficiency improvement and to determine impact on our service. By determining the cost saving projects TOMS wants to identify new potential bottlenecks or inefficiencies in our return process to be able to continuously improve the Supply Chain processes.
Our ideal candidate:
- HBO/WO student (e.g. Logistics engineering, Industrial engineering, Economics);
- You are structured, date-driven and you have a hands-on mentality;
- You have good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- You maintain strong stakeholder management skills;
- You have a solid understanding of logistics processes in a 3PL model;
- You are able to cut a journey in pieces to make sure you complete each step;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, both verbal and spoken.
- This internship is only open to students already living in the Netherlands
You are keen to be the best in class within your internship. You are flexible, you enjoy making things better every day and you value creative thinking and accuracy.
What does TOMS EMEA have to offer?
• Internship period: Sept 2020 - January 2021 or Summer 2021 (flexible)
• Internship allowance ₠500 per month based on 40 hours
• Working Hours 32 to 40 hours per week
• Vacation 2 vacation days per month based on 40 hours
• International and social environment
• Mix of working remote and working at our inspiring office in Amsterdam West (dogs are allowed... if they don't bite)
Could this be you? If so, please send us your CV along with a short motivation letter.
Back to top