The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the entire inventory cycle including all inventory, cost of sales and gross margin financial analysis and reporting. The position will be the only FTE dedicated to cost accounting/inventory analysis globally and will provide guidance to global subsidiaries on cost account process and controls. In addition, this position will supplement the GL area in day to day accounting, any audits and monthly reconciliations.
- Manage inventory reserves and provide analysis on variance drivers. Engage with Supply Chain to increase visibility and analysis around reserves. Assess feasibility and implement initiative recommendations for DOS, LCM and Inventory Obsolescence. Ensuring appropriate reserves are maintained and collaborate with business partners to reduce Inventory Obsolescence expense.
- Review of monthly inventory related accounting close process including analytical review of key performance measure reports such as Gross Margin to ensure accurate financial reporting and appropriate documentation and support of all financial entries.
- Reconcile monthly accounts such as Inventory and GR/IR.
- Assess and propose systems enhancements and drive process improvement.
- Ensure proper controls & interfaces for operations accounting and system sub-ledger implementation and other Supply Chain initiatives.
- Implement effective controls and processes in the inventory cycle.
- Ensure that all department processes and procedures are appropriately documented and executed.
- Supplement GL team with accounting and reconciliations
Requirements and Qualifications
- Proficient in SAP or similar ERP
- Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft applications
- Good knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls
- Database warehousing experience such as BPC or Essbase
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and improve business processes related to inventory
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or related business, together with proficiency in operations/cost accounting and analysis
- 5-7 years of work experience, 3+ years public or internal audit + private experience
EEO Statement: TOMS is an equal opportunity employer and will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the ordinance.
Meet Some of TOMS's Employees
Retail Regional Manager
Megan manages TOMS’ retail locations on the western side of the United States, ensuring systems are up and running, sales goals are being met, and the team is strong.
Back to top