Sales Associate at The Weekender
We have very exciting opportunities to join our TOMS Retail Team. If you haven't heard by now, the newest TOMS retail store format has launched: The Weekender! The Weekender is the first TOMS mobile store on wheels, branded to perfection, selling the latest and greatest TOMS gear at exciting events and locations around the Los Angeles area. We are looking for Sales Associates who can provide the ultimate personalized customer care for each and every guest experience at The Weekender, consistently going above and beyond to share TOMS products and TOMS giving.
You have a passion to be a brand ambassador for TOMS. You love TOMS products and you want to educate our customers on all that TOMS has to offer. You are motivated by the TOMS giving model, understanding that the more we sell, the more we give. You know how to create an inviting and authentic environment, while creating the sale (and creating the give!). You bring energy to The Weekender and engage with every "passer-byer" inviting them to check out the TOMS products and try them on.
- Ensures exceptional customer care delivered by store team 100% of the time.
- Passionately educates customers on TOMS products and TOMS giving with in depth knowledge of TOMS product and TOMS giving model.
- Demonstrates selling techniques and salesmanship, utilizing TOMS 5 Key Pillars and the TOMS 3-2-1, to maintain sales productivity levels.
- Responsible and dependable time management, ability to work independently when given a task.
- Extraordinary customer interaction skills, always solution oriented with customers.
- Unpack boxes for inventory as required. Boxes can weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Open availability for weekend shifts, including varying travel throughout Los Angeles, per event location.
The TOMS Associate will be successful in this role when they can not only execute the following tasks, but also train fellow associates and see successful results in the following areas:
- Customer : Explains why and how we give and the concept behind story telling
- Community : Works directly with store leadership to execute community initiatives, understands what a grassroots participative event looks like, ensures digital content (Instagram) is brand aligned.
- Product : Accurately recalls current season styles and color ways, differentiates between quality and materials used in different lines and corroborating giving stories, describes show-ready visual merchandising.
- Operations : Understands the daily sales goal and give for retail, supporting inventory operational needs.
Qualifications & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in retail and/or selling environment.
- Self-motivated, organized, and entrepreneurial.
- Passionate about giving, upbeat, friendly and authentic.
- Knowledge of the footwear marketplace a plus.
- Experience using various POS systems.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights & weekends as business dictates.
- Extensive travel will be required within 50 miles of Los Angeles, CA.
Our Mission is to improve lives through business. As an employee of TOMS we are strongly committed to this mission and to our values. Everything we do is a balance in profitability and giving and keeping this in balance is key to our success. In an effort to further our mission and add value we expect our employees to be aligned to our core values. TOMS values and behaviors are:
- We are a movement - We leverage storytelling to inspire people to connect to our global movement. We create advocacy for this movement in every interaction with our customers, partners, and employees.
- We will be Entrepreneurial - We are curious and innovative. We allow ourselves the space to fail. We can be successful by taking a scrappy approach to business.
- We expect a lot from each other - Collaboration across boundaries and borders is required in order to achieve our common goals. Leading with authenticity and humility will be needed. We work, give, and succeed as a team while also having fun.
- We are committed to a long term vision - We do not allow short-term gains to compromise our goals of making a lasting impact.
TOMS is an equal opportunity employer and will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Meet Some of TOMS's Employees
Retail Regional Manager
Megan manages TOMS’ retail locations on the western side of the United States, ensuring systems are up and running, sales goals are being met, and the team is strong.
Back to top