Part Time Barista, Abbot Kinney
Working in the TOMS retail stores, baristas provide courteous, knowledgeable and outstanding customer service. Conveying the TOMS One for One message through the customer café experience. As a barista at TOMS you will posses excellent product knowledge and strong barista skills. Baristas work with customers in creating the perfect drink. Sometimes café requests can be a little outside of the norm, however we look to you to guide customers in the right direction while still being flexible and accommodating to specialty requests. You are a vital integrator to the local community, bonding TOMS culture through conversation with customers on a daily basis.
A TOMS Barista is outgoing and great at interacting with all customers. You maintain strong knowledge on TOMS Roasting Co. and confidently communicate this to customers. You are comfortable on educating customers and staff on coffee and tea, as well as the basics of espresso and lattes. Working in the TOMS café requires a barista that is willing to work outside the standard café. You will be training on all aspects of TOMS and be expected to speak on behalf of not only the café, but the retail portion as well. You will be well versed on manual espresso equipment and at the same time be open to training and critique. As a TOMS Barista you will seamlessly blend the friendliness of your local neighborhood barista, while still producing the highest quality espresso, coffee and tea drinks.
- Create an exceptional experience with all customers.
- Maintain proper cash handling and ensure proper procedures are followed.
- Work with Store Manager to ensure coffee, tea and espresso drinks are continually tasted and always of highest quality.
- Keep café area clean and organized.
- Reduce product waste and overages.
- Educate customers and staff on types of coffee, teas and espressos carried.
- Educate customers on alternative milk options to ensure their needs are met.
- Ensure adequate knowledge of café partner offerings inclusive of juice and pastries with the ability to make recommendations.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain a sense of urgency with helping customers.
- Consistently produce quality beverages.
- Assist in the training and development of employees.
- Provide constructive feedback for more effective workflow and or drink standards.
- Be recognized within the coffee community as a role model for other cafes.
- Ability to educate customers and staff on coffee, teas and espresso as well as the TOMS Roasting Co. and our give of water.
- Ensures overall cleanliness of café.
Qualifications & Experience
- 1 year café experience preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to lift and or move up to 50lbs.
- Previous experience with café POS systems.
- Knowledge of proper bar cleaning methods including manual espresso equipment.
EEO Statement: TOMS is an equal opportunity employer and will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the ordinance.
Back to top