Full Time Sales Supervisor
The Key Holder - Inventory is a key part of the Store Leadership Team and is the "go to" person for all inventory and stock related questions. The Key Holder acts as floor supervisor to the Associates in the store, as well as trains and supports the entire team on inventory best practices. Under the direction of the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager, the position takes initiative with all inventory related decisions, oversees the successful completion of weekly merchandise shipments, and collaborates with the Visual Merchandising Key Holder to plan and execute all seasonal new-product deliveries. The Key Holder - Inventory also works closely with the Store Leadership Team in supporting the general store operation functions with specific attention and support to all Inventory needs. In addition to the Inventory-related responsibilities, the Key Holder - Inventory acts as a 'Sales Manager' when leading the retail sales floor by driving the business in an entrepreneurial way.
We expect you to have a passion and knowledge about TOMS giving program. You are creative with an entrepreneurial spirit that drives your innovative ideas for in-store organization. You are highly organized and can lead a team to successfully complete all inventory related tasks. You understand the retail shipment process and can successfully plan and execute deliveries of all sizes. You are also operationally sound and can develop procedures for damaged items, returns, and inventory counts. You have an authentic passion for story telling, as well as TOMS product lines, customer experience, and retail floor. You are passionate about retail and actively seeking to grow your career to a store management role.
- Ensures exceptional customer care delivered by associates 100% of the time.
- Passionately educates customers and associates on TOMS giving program and the One for One ™ movement on and off the retail floor.
- Drive sales on the sales floor by analyzing business trends and KPI's.
- Generates TOMS values and culture.
- Perform opening and closing duties, which includes reporting, cash handling, and end-of-day business evaluation.
- Oversee successful completion of opening and closing cleaning checklists.
- Committed to long-term growth and passionate about growing your career into a store management role.
- Oversees the execution of all Inventory deliverables as delegated by the Store Manager.
- Acts as a store liaison to headquarters Inventory team in absence of Store Manager.
- Unpack boxes for inventory as required including lift/push/pull up to 50lbs.
- Part-time hours; managing/working on the retail floor; at least one day is a weekend day/night, as dictated by business needs.
- Ability to work early mornings or late nights as shipment schedule and business needs dictate.
- Ability to work all shipment shifts.
- Ability to make thorough decisions quickly and absorb calculated risks.
- Holds entire team to highest inventory standards and consistently provides ongoing training and support to team members.
- Manages and delegates many inventory projects concurrently, asks for and receives feedback on a daily basis.
- Plans and executes all large seasonal floor flips/shipments.
The TOMS Key Holder - Inventory will be successful in this role when they can not only execute the following tasks, but also train associates and see successful results in the following areas:
- Inventory Organization: Ensure that all staff members understand all inventory best practices - including damage procedures, Return Authorizations, Seasonal deliveries, and Quarterly Inventory Counts. Holds fellow team members to the highest standards on store and stock room organization. Can develop a benchmark for future Inventory Key Holders in the store and company wide.
- Operations: Executes POS operations at administrator level and can pull all relevant inventory reports.
- People: Actively recruits culture-fit team members on ongoing basis
- Community: Works directly with store leadership to ensure the successful completion of any events scheduled during floor shifts.
- Finance: Stays within controllable Inventory budget as delivered by Store Manager.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 1 year of current retail leadership experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years in Inventory, merchandising, stock control, storage organization or related field.
- Self-motivated, organized, and entrepreneurial store experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the footwear marketplace a plus.
- Experience and best practice knowledge in setting up new retail locations.
- High level of expertise in computers, web, and inventory management (Microsoft Office, Outlook Express, Apple & Microsoft platforms, knowledgeable in various POS systems).
- Knowledge of labor laws, as well as standard retail laws such as ADA compliancy, etc.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights & weekends as business dictates.
Our Mission is to improve lives through business. As an employee of TOMS we are strongly committed to this mission and to our values. Everything we do is a balance in profitability and giving and keeping this in balance is key to our success. In an effort to further our mission and add value we expect our employees to be aligned to our core values. TOMS values and behaviors are:
- We are a movement - We leverage storytelling to inspire people to connect to our global movement. We create advocacy for this movement in every interaction with our customers, partners, and employees.
- We will be Entrepreneurial - We are curious and innovative. We allow ourselves the space to fail. We can be successful by taking a scrappy approach to business.
- We expect a lot from each other - Collaboration across boundaries and borders is required in order to achieve our common goals. Leading with authenticity and humility will be needed. We work, give, and succeed as a team while also having fun.
- We are committed to a long term vision - We do not allow short-term gains to compromise our goals of making a lasting impact.
TOMS is an equal opportunity employer and will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Meet Some of TOMS's Employees
Megan L.Retail Regional Manager
Megan manages TOMS’ retail locations on the western side of the United States, ensuring systems are up and running, sales goals are being met, and the team is strong.
Back to top