The TOMS Footwear Designer is responsible for creating innovative, unique footwear styles and color ways that reflect the TOMS aesthetic while still pushing the envelope and moving the business forward in a trend-relevant manner. Footwear Designer will work closely with the Footwear Merchandising and Development teams to ensure designs are in line with business needs and forecasting, and to ensure the accurate creation of the shoe from CAD to Sample and beyond. Designers will work closely with the Design Director on seasonal trends, materializations, and color palettes. This role particularly requires strong skills in graphic and surface textile design.
- Design/Engineer product that remains true to TOMS brand identity. Innovate, design, build tech packs, and CADs etc. with target price point and consumer in mind.
- Maintain knowledge of global product design and fashion market trends, technology, and graphics - particularly in lifestyle markets and brands.
- Create and revise seasonal color and prints for footwear in partnership with materials teams and print designers.
- Select seasonal materials for footwear uppers in partnership with Asia Operations and Raw Materials team.
- Collaborate with design team and cross functional partners; merchandising, supply chain, Sales, Asia operations, and development.
- Co-present the line to Sales and Retail depts, during bi-annual sales meeting and various Line Reviews.
- Meet product calendar design deadlines for each seasonal line.
- Lead and mentor other junior-level designer(s) as needed.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Footwear design; ability to sketch and create original footwear products
- Graphic Design - Experience & ability to sketch/create original footwear products
- Strong knowledge of fabrics and raw materials used in footwear
- Technical knowledge of footwear construction
- Ability to execute Tech Packs, Color CAD's, etc. - specifically within Adobe Creative Suite and Auto CAD
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative suite and Auto CAD
- Strong tendency towards communication and collaboration, particularly while working under deadline.
- Flexible during changing priorities and business needs.
Education & Experience
- Design Degree
- 3+ years footwear designer experience
TOMS is an equal opportunity employer and will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the ordinance.
Meet Some of TOMS's Employees
Retail Regional Manager
Megan manages TOMS’ retail locations on the western side of the United States, ensuring systems are up and running, sales goals are being met, and the team is strong.
Back to top