Financial Systems Manager
The Financial Systems Manager is responsible for projects from inception to production launch relating to and impacting TOMS' financial systems. The role requires a solid understanding of financial systems, financial reporting, accounting principles and methodologies, resource management and Project Management methodologies. The financial systems scope involves the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, asset management, cost of goods valuation and financial reporting.
This role will work closely with the TOMS Finance team to understand the initiative roadmap, advise on optimal sequencing and solution definition. Through collaboration with the Finance team, this role will plan and execute projects, ensure that teams have appropriate requirements, direction, and resources to deliver timely and efficiently.
The role will align the production support protocols and drive the resolution of Incidents, Problems, and Events with IT production systems and the IT organization.
- Manage 3rd party production support of financial systems through collaboration and SLA monitoring
- Provide guidance & coaching to motivate and lead team members to high performance standards and continued career growth
- Plan and manage project scope to ensure commitments are met within agreed upon timelines, within budget and with quality.
- Collaborate with finance and other business stakeholders to define technology delivery, determine implementation dates and establish scope.
- Manage the translation of customer requirements into technical designs, design schemas and integration requirements leveraging solution capabilities and functionality. As technology architect, provide direction as to the development team for design and implementation
- Manage the cadence of meetings providing visibility and prioritization to the backlog of work with a view to capacity planning
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- IT technical work experience as Financial Systems Analyst or Manager including 3-5 years of staff management
- Work experience with SDLC supported through waterfall, agile other methodologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to speak and write about technical issues for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience managing a wide variety of Financial Systems projects (AP, AR, Planning & Budgeting, Financial Reporting, etc..)
- Depth of knowledge in financial systems including, accounting principles and methodologies, systems design and delivery, process design, testing and training.
- Experience with ERP system, SAP preferred
- Excellent supervisory, interpersonal skills and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet goals, assess risks and needs, develop schedules, monitor and communicate status
- Reasonable tolerance for ambiguity
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Systems or related field
- Master's Degree in Business, Information Systems or related field is a plus
EEO Statement: TOMS is an equal opportunity employer and will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the ordinance
Meet Some of TOMS's Employees
Retail Regional Manager
Megan manages TOMS’ retail locations on the western side of the United States, ensuring systems are up and running, sales goals are being met, and the team is strong.
Back to top