Director of Logistics and Distribution
The Director of Logistics & Distribution will provide and oversee analytics covering all aspects of shipping, inventory, distribution center, delivery performance and budget performance. This role will work closely with the supply planning, customer service and the sales teams to achieve shipping and delivery performance goals, manage contractual relationships and prepare and execute long-term agreements with distribution and logistics partners.
On the transportation and logistics side, this role is responsible for the transportation of all finished goods in- & outbound. This includes vendor selection & negotiation through RFQs and ensuring timely deliveries to our DCs and customers via a variety of transportation modes while managing costs. Additionally, this role will oversee the communication between logistics partners and TOMS via global trade tools and systems.
On the operations & distribution side, the role will work closely with the 3PL to ensure inventory control, speed of service, quality control and budgets are managed. This role will work closely with sales and customer service teams to achieve shipping and delivery performance goals within SLAs, manage contractual relationships and prepare and execute long-term agreements with distribution partners.
- Influence and execute strategic initiatives related to Distribution centers and Logistics by formulating and recommending policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving the Company's competitive position and the profitability for the responsible areas
- Work cross-functionally with CS reps, Sales, Finance and Technology partners to achieve performance objectives and strategic goals for the business as set by the SLA's, holding both internal employees and external partners accountable to performance expectations
- Prepare a departmental annual budget based on the forecasting by the company and direction from leadership
- Lead a bi-annual consolidation and inventory cleanup exercise to maximize the temp and/or permanent space buyback program
- Lead the RFQ programs for in and outbound logistics to optimize lead time and cost for the covered period
- Maintain operational integrity, open communication channels and resolves issues effectively and promptly
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Data analytics
- Operational knowledge of distribution centers and CS Logistics
- Strong communication skills, verbal, written, listening
- Strong leadership & management skills
- MS office & Advanced excel skills
Education and Experience:
- 8-10 years of experience in Logistics and Distribution
- 8 years working experience in an operational management role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Lean/Six Sigma basic certification
EEO Statement: TOMS is an equal opportunity employer and will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the ordinance
Back to top