Director, National Accounts
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, TOMS is looking for an experienced sales leader who will develop and execute a strategy for building and maintaining a sales organization that aligns with TOMS five (5) year strategic plan. The Director will have the primary responsibility to forecast, set sales and profit goals, and to drive product initiatives for National accounts.
The Director of National Accounts will contribute to the Americas region's success by serving as a key business partner to the Vice President of Sales while collaborating with cross-functional business leaders. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of expanding distribution channels while growing existing accounts.
- Provide leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching and development while comparing sales results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct when necessary.
- Lead sales team to execute best practices on behalf of TOMS and ensure existing and new company initiatives are shared, communicated and clarified.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for national accounts; project expected sales volume and profit for existing and new product franchises.
- Maintain sales volume and product mix by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Ability to develop and execute a five (5) year business plan to obtain profitable growth.
- Establish effective relationships with key accounts and collaborations with cross functional departments (Brand Marketing, Finance, Product, Supply Chain, etc.) to address key business issues and opportunities.
- Liaise with Specialty Retail Marketing to ensure wholesales accounts receive agreed upon POP collateral, branding policies and in turn account reps ensure TOMS is best represented at the store level.
- Help develop and implement the strategic market direction for all key accounts ensuring that the expenditures are in line with budget/co-op allocation
- Participate in pre-line and final line meetings with product department and responsible for relaying product needs for the specialty sales rep division.
- Present sales results to internal stakeholders and Executive Leadership team on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Gather, filter and distribute selling information and product feedback to necessary internal stakeholders.
- Communicate on an ongoing basis with the product, merchandising planning & forecasting, and finance teams about the brand(s) performance and opportunities compared to industry and competition
- Manage account approval process, manage cancellation process, compliance issues, credit claims, shipping issues for key accounts; oversee RA and order maintenance requests to ensure they are appropriate and in line with TOMS policies
- Provide proactive and creative problem solving advice to sales reps as challenges arise with accounts.
- Present new ideas and solutions to the cross-functional partners how to better work and partner with sales reps to increase visibility, accountability and results.
- Regular travel to national accounts, tradeshows and sales meetings - travel expected approx 35% of time
- Travel to Headquarters for Initial Line Reviews (ILR), Final Line Reviews (FLR) and all other required meetings.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Must understand and be able to apply advanced retail math principals and discuss all business concerns with national key accounts
- Must have effectively managed a team and be able to do so with professionalism, encouragement and enthusiasm
- Must have executed the implementation and ongoing maintenance
- Must be a proactive problem solver and thoughtful in approach to addressing challenges
- Must have exceptional organizational, communication and follow-through skills, including the ability to present to buyers and the reps
- Must have a positive attitude and be a fit with the TOMS culture
- Must have strong Excel skills
- Ability to challenge and motive sales team to perform at a high level
- Ability to set budgets, manage expenses, and plan for profitable
Education & Experience
- Must have 8-10 years minimum sales and management experience in the apparel, footwear or accessories industries
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, sales and marketing or related field.
TOMS is an equal opportunity employer and will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the ordinance.
Meet Some of TOMS's Employees
Retail Regional Manager
Megan manages TOMS’ retail locations on the western side of the United States, ensuring systems are up and running, sales goals are being met, and the team is strong.
Back to top