Director, Digital Marketing and CRM
The Director of Digital Marketing and CRM is a key player within the TOMS Direct to Consumer team, accountable for all acquisition and retention marketing efforts. The overall objective of this position is to carefully develop personalized communications with current and potential customers in an effort to support the TOMS One for One message and drive purchases that support our giving goals. The Director of Digital Marketing and CRM is responsible for strategically planning, testing, implementing, and optimizing online marketing investments and initiatives for the SEM, SEO, affiliates, display/retargeting, email, and referral programs. In addition, this person will build retention and lifecycle initiatives, developing innovative ways to nurture long-term customer relationships, reduce churn, and improve engagement and lifetime value. The ideal candidate will possess prior experience in the footwear category and/or experience with contemporary apparel and/or accessory brands.
- Direct all SEM, SEO, affiliates, display/retargeting, email, and lead generate/online referral programs, ensuring investments and efforts within each program drive the forecasted amount of qualified traffic, demand, and buyers for each program.
- Direct online referral marketing initiatives. Identify ways to optimize and fully utilize existing customer voice/user generated content efforts including BazaarVoice and affiliate relationships.
- Determine annual marketing investment required to meet or exceed file growth goals, traffic and demand goals and develop business case to support the annual investments.
- Define annual program KPI's and program-specific strategies that capitalize on the ability of each programs' strengths in driving new and repeat buyers and demand.
- Ensure continual optimization of each program to drive results versus forecast on a weekly, monthly and annual basis. Oversee efforts to ensure optimal allocation of the weekly budget investments in each program.
- Direct the email marketing program including all promotional, trigger-based, targeted segment campaigns, and service email. Develop annual email marketing KPI's and related strategies that meet or exceed annual buyer file, traffic and demand goals and continually grow the size of the email file.
- Increase lifetime value and reduce churn by engaging customers with the most targeted, relevant, and personalized content at each stage of the customer lifecycle.
- Perform customer analysis, segment customers into meaningful and actionable cohorts, conduct A/B and multivariate tests, establish reporting infrastructure, track and analyze performance, and communicate out results.
- Collaborate with Brand Marketing team to align on digital marketing initiatives to ensure a consistent, seamless customer experience, leveraging best practices.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Successful track-record of developing marketing strategies, executing, measuring, and delivering on performance targets.
- Strong project management skills including: conceptualization, driving alignment, planning resources, managing deadlines and objectives, delivering analysis and recommendations.
- Highly analytical, data-driven and understands how to optimize email programs to deliver upon overall company goals and metrics.
- Strong understanding of consumer mindset, consumer empathy and a dedication to creating great consumer experiences.
- Takes ownership, problem solves and demonstrates a high level of accountability.
- Deep understanding of current digital landscape and anticipates future digital marketing programs.
Education and Experience
B.A., M.B.A. preferred
10 + years of Marketing experience in areas including email, CRM, loyalty/rewards, push, direct mail, customer segmentation, and promotions in a B2C environment.
TOMS is an equal opportunity employer and will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the ordinance.
Meet Some of TOMS's Employees
Retail Regional Manager
Megan manages TOMS’ retail locations on the western side of the United States, ensuring systems are up and running, sales goals are being met, and the team is strong.
Back to top