Community Engagement & Communications Manager
The Community Engagement and Communications Manager' s key initiative is to develop, manage, and grow TOMS brand by building and advancing dynamic community relationships and innovative programming that encourages TOMS fans, consumers and potential new consumers to engage with us in community specifically around our giving. This role is responsible for leveraging our owned channels to boost engagement including retail stores, pop up shops, and wholesale partners. A focus on local outreach/buzz, scouting and engaging giving partners and beyond is critical. Engaging TOMS fans, local PR and media in participating in and supporting local community events and programming is a must. This includes but is not limited to: schools, colleges, universities, volunteer groups, TOMS Passport rewards members, community based groups and TOMS general fans/consumers. This role is also responsible for assisting the CGO in the development of all strategic messaging related to TOMS Giving, with both internal and public audiences. S/He manages the development of the giving section of the website, sales and training materials, new employee on boarding and annual giving reports. The Community Engagement & Communications Lead will work across the organization to ensure integration with giving and marketing objectives. Success in this position will come from the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and build strong relationships throughout diverse internal, external and community groups. The ideal candidate will have strong project management experience and excellent interpersonal, organizational and written skills.
- Proactively build contacts, identify community partners and build relationships to support The TOMS community engagement strategy. Strategic markets, product stories, impact focus areas, business needs and the overall marketing will need to be considered in all efforts and engagements
- Manages development of community events involving TOMS based upon strategic giving investments, local and national touchpoints, retail models, giving partners and business needs
- Executes community events involving TOMS including collaborating with internal and external partners, developing calendars, managing budget, tracking metrics and assessing progress and results.
- Drive the execution of a complete update of the giving content on the TOMS.com website, sales materials, annual impact report and any other content requests from marketing. This includes project management, timeline and input management, drafting copy, working closely with UX/UI efforts and ensuring consistency and accuracy of the giving message across the organization internally and externally
- Professionally represent the organization to diverse audiences and communities while hosting community events, creating an inclusive environment, ensuring all asset collection and outcomes are achieved
Requirements and Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust with diverse community partners at all organizational levels, both internal and external
- Demonstrated ability in effective oral and written communications.
- Strong project management skills with ability to multi-task, think creatively and strategically and execute on aggressive timelines with multiple stakeholders
- Skill to develop a detailed program plan and project timeline
- Ability to develop a budget and complete a project within the financial limits
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding follow-through skills
Education and Experience
- BA or BS degree
- Previous management of marketing programs, community outreach or programs working with students or community members.
- Strong background in peer-to-peer or community programs and strategies.
- Experience networking with ability to grow programs based off of established relationships as well as identifying new opportunities.
- Strong communications and writing background
- Proficient in Microsoft Application (ie Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and large scale project workflow software.
EEO Statement: TOMS is an equal opportunity employer and will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the ordinance.
Back to top