Cafe Lead Full Time
Working in the TOMS retail stores, the Cafe Lead provides courteous, knowledgeable and outstanding customer service. Conveying the TOMS One for One message through all Supporter interactions. As a Lead Barista at TOMS you will possess excellent product knowledge, strong barista skills, impeccable customer service and the ability to authentically be viewed as a leader to the café team. You will be café focused and finely tuned to the café's business needs.
A TOMS Lead Barista is outgoing and great at interacting with all supporters. You provide supporters with an unforgettable store experience by creating a comfortable atmosphere and demonstrating TOMS culture by storytelling about our giving and wearing relevant TOMS products on the floor. You are comfortable on educating supporters and staff on coffee and tea, as well as the basics of espresso and lattes. You will seamlessly blend the friendliness of your local neighborhood barista, while still producing the highest quality espresso, coffee and tea drinks. You engage supporters in conversation by sharing information on our local events and community initiatives, and create lasting relationships with community influencers and neighborhood locals.
- Create an exceptional experience with all supporters.
- Maintain proper cash handling and ensure proper procedures are followed.
- Ensure coffee, tea and espresso drinks are continually tested and always of highest quality.
- Keep café clean and organized.
- Reduce product waste and overages.
- Educate customers and staff on types of coffee, teas and espressos carried.
- Educate customers on alternative milk options to ensure their needs are met.
- Ensure adequate knowledge of café partner offerings inclusive of juice and pastries with the ability to make recommendations.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain a sense of urgency with helping customers.
- Passionately educates customers on TOMS giving program and the One for One ™ movement on and off the floor.
- Takes a stand as an advocate for TOMS' values and culture.
- Prepare the store for the day including: replenishing product, cleaning café areas, answering phone and email inquiries, ensures POS and payments systems are operating correctly.
- Responsible and dependable time management, ability to work independently when given a task.
- Extraordinary customer interaction skills, always solution oriented with customers.
- Oversee the quality of all TOMS Roasting Co beverages.
- Regularly hold check-ins with management regarding barista team morale, feedback and quality standards.
- Train all new Baristas upon hire on TOMS beverage and customer service standards.
- Responsible for ordering and replenishing café supplies and product.
- Maintain the successful completion and accuracy of all café checklist (including but not limited to Coffee Rotation Schedule, Opening/Closing checklists and Mid-Shift responsibilities).
- Unpack boxes for inventory as required. Boxes can weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Consistently produce and ensure quality beverages.
- Assist in the café training of baristas.
- Provide constructive feedback to management for more effective workflow and business operations.
- Be recognized within the coffee community as a role model for other cafes.
- Ability to educate supporters and staff on coffee, teas and espresso as well as the TOMS Roasting Co. and our One for One mission.
- Ensures overall cleanliness of café.
- Explains why and how we give and the concept behind storytelling.
- Understands the daily sales and give goals for the café.
- Create a café experience with exceptional customer service.
Qualifications & Experience
- Two years café experience preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to lift and or move up to 50lbs.
- Previous experience with POS systems.
- Knowledge of proper bar cleaning methods including manual espresso equipment.
- Passionate about giving, upbeat, friendly and authentic.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights & weekends as business dictates.
Our Mission is to improve lives through business. As an employee of TOMS we are strongly committed to this mission and to our values. Everything we do is a balance in profitability and giving and keeping this in balance is key to our success. In an effort to further our mission and add value we expect our employees to be aligned to our core values. TOMS values and behaviors are:
- We are a movement - We leverage storytelling to inspire people to connect to our global movement. We create advocacy for this movement in every interaction with our customers, partners, and employees.
- We will be Entrepreneurial - We are curious and innovative. We allow ourselves the space to fail. We can be successful by taking a scrappy approach to business.
- We expect a lot from each other - Collaboration across boundaries and borders is required in order to achieve our common goals. Leading with authenticity and humility will be needed. We work, give, and succeed as a team while also having fun.
- We are committed to a long term vision - We do not allow short-term gains to compromise our goals of making a lasting impact.
TOMS is an equal opportunity employer and will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Back to top