Assistant Store Manager
TOMS outlet stores foster a deep connection between TOMS product, lifestyle and educational storytelling. It's a welcoming and active space, intended for brand engagement with products, experience and the TOMS One for One Movement. TOMS at Allen, TX Premium Outlets, will carry a full collection of footwear and eyewear at discount pricing. This new retail destination marks the second North American outlet location for TOMS.
As a TOMS Retail Outlet Assistant Store Manager, you are a leader and a brand ambassador. Unique and dynamic, you thrive when working in a fast-paced environment. Being at the forefront of the TOMS One for One ™ Movement, you are the storyteller, bringing the TOMS brand to life through the highest level of customer experience. Through TOMS merchandise, you create the opportunity to connect with customers and community, providing education on products and mission.
As the Assistant Store Manager, you'll help mentor, lead and motivate your team to success. You innately know our brand and your customer and understand that our success rests in your customer's experience. You support the delivery of company standards, strategies and initiatives to achieve sustainable sales targets and growth for your store. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and you are passionately connected to the TOMS One for One™ Movement.
Sales and Service:
- Provide an outstanding customer service experience by sharing the TOMS Give, product and brand knowledge to provide the highest level of care to customers
- Floor management to ensure employees are championing the TOMS experience and all team members are upholding the Customer Service Experience expected
- Support events and strategic partnerships at a store level to engrain the TOMS store into the local community
- Handle customer relations and provide guidance to store employees during difficult customer situations
Visual and Product Management:
- Help oversee store merchandising and store look and feel of store in a compelling and exciting manner, while in accordance with company directives
- Utilize sales reports to track and analyze business and determine weekly objectives in partnership with the Store Manager
- Communicate product performance observations and offer real time feedback
- Consistently ensure floor is fully stocked with merchandise, managing inventory levels and product flow
- Support the implementation and maintenance of store processes to efficiently and effectively operate the store
- Provides management of cash administration, receiving of new shipments/RA's, returns, damages and refunds for consistency and compliance
- Supports store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees to efficiently staff store
- Supervising loss prevention, shrink goals, monitoring store inventories and ensuring highest level of accuracy
- Help with overall store maintenance with general services, upkeep and orders
People and Human Resources:
- Recruit and develop the store team, coaching staff with consistent feedback to create a team of strong brand ambassadors with excellent customer service
- Ensure proper training for all staff levels and recognize top talent for succession planning
- Partners with Store Manager to help manage employee relations, with a focus to create and foster a safe and healthy working environment
- Responsible to uphold all HR policies and procedures (payroll/timekeeping, safety, state/federal/company compliance)
- Meet or exceed all sales targets and controllable expense budgets
- Direct connection to our customers through service, storytelling and unique TOMS experiences
- Acquisition of new customers and retention/loyalty of existing
- Increased customer education of TOMS Giving, Mission and product offerings
- Hardwired TOMS core values in store team members
- Development and retention of talent
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 2+ year leader of retail/hospitality store environments
- College degree preferred
- Demonstrated track record of improving sales figures and KPI achievements
- Retail know-how with hands-on experience managing all aspects of a retail store
- A solid track record in talent management- recruiting, hiring, development
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels
- A strong understanding of retail profit measures and the ability to exceed sales and expense goals
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends work hours as business dictates
- Carry, push, pull up to 30 pounds
Our Mission is to improve lives through business. As an employee of TOMS we are strongly committed to this mission and to our values. In an effort to further our mission and add value we expect our employees to be aligned to the following TOMS core values:
- We are a movement - We leverage storytelling as a way to inspire people and keep them connected to the movement. Our partners & customers are our advocates. We are personally accountable for their experience.
- We will be Entrepreneurial - We create an environment that appreciates being scrappy and creative. We are curious, innovative and take smart risks. We allow ourselves the space to try and fail in order to advance the movement.
- We expect a lot from each other - Collaboration is core to how we work across all departments and levels. We lead with authenticity and humility. We take having fun as seriously as our giving. We are responsible for communicating openly, clearly and consistently.
- We are committed to a long-term vision - We do not allow short-term gains to compromise our goals of making a lasting impact. We create an environment that energizes and encourages our employees to continuously thrive.
TOMS is an equal opportunity employer and will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the ordinance.
Meet Some of TOMS's Employees
Retail Regional Manager
Megan manages TOMS’ retail locations on the western side of the United States, ensuring systems are up and running, sales goals are being met, and the team is strong.
Back to top