This role will work closely with the Creative Director to establish the aesthetic and creative concepts for multi-tiered global campaigns. The Art Director will manage and lead a team of designers (print, video and digital) to meet TOMS' needs and creative department goals.
- Execute on the strategy and vision set by Creative Director across all Global core and seasonal assets
- Translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are compelling, visually appealing, and easily understand
- Develop, maintain, and evolve the visual aesthetic of the brand across multiple creative executions including print, D2C (digital and retail), and wholesale (digital and retail).
- Execute and oversee all elements of seasonal campaigns from creating moodboards, organizing shotlists, planning and leading the photoshoot, all the way through to post-production retouching call-outs, creating design guidelines docs and creation of sell-through assets.
- Lead and mentor a team of designers.
- In partnership with the traffic team, set clear roles, responsibilities and expectations for the team at the start all projects to ensure that the design output is brand appropriate, that the marketing brief is met and that all assets are completed on time. Assist in recommending process improvements.
- Ensure that assets receive proper approval and review prior to release
- Design and execute key branding initiatives (willing to "get your hands dirty")
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 6+ years of experience developing creative campaigns in an Art Director/Designer capacity
- Ability to maintain composure and articulate directives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stay organized and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with design software and be able to source programs to maintain technical proficiency of designers and brand
- Commitment to client service and a collaborative environment
- Experience with print, retail, digital design and UI
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a creative discipline is required
- Sit for long periods of time when in the office and must be able to stand for long periods of time when on photoshoots.
- 5-10% - Possibility of need to travel for photoshoots.
TOMS is an equal opportunity employer and will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Meet Some of TOMS's Employees
Retail Regional Manager
Megan manages TOMS’ retail locations on the western side of the United States, ensuring systems are up and running, sales goals are being met, and the team is strong.
Back to top