Sales Development Representative
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) role is a full-time, in person, opportunity for ambitious, hard-working, outgoing individuals who desire an elevated professional opportunity in sales but have not had the opportunity to develop a track record/resume to qualify for our primary Sales Professional opportunity.
The SDR will learn and gain mastery of our proven prospecting, lead nurturing and appointment setting methodologies. The SDR will be assigned to an experienced Sales Professional to support their sales activities by adding additional selling opportunities to their schedule. SDRs who demonstrate the work ethic, coachability, and aptitude for generating quality leads and appointments will have the opportunity to be hired into our full-fledged Sales Professional opportunity.
In addition to increasing sales through their core prospecting and phone calling activities, SDRs will also have an opportunity to learn about our long-term career path and witness our selling processes during a 1x/week field ride with their assigned Sales Professional. This allows both the SDR and Tom James Company a first-hand look at whether a long-term selling opportunity at Tom James is a fit for the SDR.
Expectations for our SDRs are set high to result in high rewards. Our SDRs are paid a competitive hourly wage as well as commissions on orders sold to prospects and former customers they book into their leaders’ calendars. SDRs who achieve expectation in the program can earn up to $3,500 - $4,000/monthly while developing the skills and habits necessary for even greater opportunity in our uncapped, unlimited Sales Professional opportunity.
SDRs will participate in a comprehensive, in-office, structured training program equipping them for each activity assigned.
Over the first 10-12 weeks, depending on performance and other factors, Tom James will determine whether to:
- Transition the SDR to our full-time Sales Professional position; or
- Maintain current SDR role and daily activities with the goal of transitioning to a Sales Professional role when the SDR and Leader are ready.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Prospecting for potential new clients: utilize our prospecting platforms including ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and Outreach to identify, connect with and warm up quality prospects;
- Updating contact information and conducting direct contact/marketing outreach to customers who haven’t purchased from us in a while;
- Phone Skills & Dials: 85+ dials/day with a goal to set around 20-25 appointments/week
- Conduct client & prospect research on the individuals the Sales Professional meets with to identify potential connections to other ideal customers for referrals;
- Assist with some customer service communications to provide a world-class experience and additional sales opportunities
Powered by JazzHR