Training and Instruction Managers, Elementary
Seeking exceptional educators!
TNTP seeks full-time Training and Instruction Managers, Elementary for TNTP’s Client Team. This position is based in a home office anywhere in the U.S. or from the TNTP central office in Brooklyn, NY and will require up to 50% travel.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
Staff on TNTP’s Client Team work alongside teachers, school leaders, districts and states to help them achieve their goals for students.
What You’ll Do
As a Training and Instruction Manager you will play a critical role in TNTP’s academic and teacher development research and policy initiatives. In your first year, you will play a critical role implementing TNTP’s next generation of academic research by collecting and analyzing classroom-level data in preparation for TNTP’s next national publication that will examine student experience. This will include working with a small team to generate recommendations for the field on how leaders and school systems can better support teachers in areas we identify as critical to student success.
- Leading teacher and leader engagement at schools across the country, including coordinating with school level staff and TNTP’s internal team to ensure a successful partnership.
- Conducting classroom observations
- Leveraging your content expertise to collect and analyze classroom level data, including student work and student surveys
- Generating creative solutions to logistical challenges with on-the-ground data collection and follow-up with school level staff
- Communicating with key stakeholders – principals and teachers to invest them in outcomes and ensure the success of our initiatives.
This is an incredible opportunity to contribute to national conversations about the intersection of standards, curriculum, policy and their impact on teacher practice.
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
We expect the Training and Instruction Manager to:
- Have a strong understanding of what College and Career Ready instruction looks like. You know the Common Core Standards and key instructional shifts for English Language Arts (ELA) and Math in Elementary and can identify standards aligned instruction that embodies the shifts. Whether you are watching a teacher deliver a lesson, reviewing student work, or looking at student performance data, you can identify where that teacher is effective and what s/he needs to do to improve.
- Have classroom experience. You have at least three years of teaching experience (preferably in a high-need urban school) and a proven track record of raising student achievement.
- Be a strong strategic and analytic thinker. You are a natural problem solver who can quickly analyze the root causes of a challenge and define new ways forward. Your planning will be critical to contributing to an efficient and productive team. Your ability to chart a clear course, juggle many tasks and priorities, and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment will bring clarity to complex projects.
- Deliver crisp, clean messages. Whether in writing or in person, your communications are articulate and concise. You understand your audience and know how to deliver inspiring messages and tough news with ease and tactful finesse.
- Get things done. You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to meet your goals. Deadlines, changing priorities and obstacles don’t overwhelm you or the quality of your work. Instead, they inspire you to rise to the occasion.
- Deep experience and expertise with the Common Core State Standards in Elementary (required)
- Experience and expertise in teaching Elementary (required)
- Experience with observing and evaluating teacher performance (preferred)
- A commitment to constant learning and improvement, in both your own work and the work of others
- Experience with online platforms (preferred)
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. TNTP may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check.
At TNTP, we believe that diversity makes us stronger and challenges us to think differently every day. TNTP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or disability.
Benefits and hiring process: http://tntp.org/join
Life at TNTP: http://tntp.org/about-tntp/our-people
Back to top