Support Analyst - Technology Services
TNTP is currently seeking a Support Analyst – Technology Services. This position is based from the TNTP central office in Brooklyn, NY, and is available immediately. Travel for team and organizational meetings is required a few times a year.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
Technology Services is a small, dynamic team which provides services to over 370 TNTP staff working on more than 40 contract sites across the country and maintains multiple web-based software solutions of moderate to high complexity. The team works directly with internal clients to provide exceptional customer service and manage technology vendors. Technology Services is constantly building enhancements and new systems to support the evolving work of internal clients and address the business needs of a growing, virtually connected organization.
What You’ll Do
The Support Analyst – Technology Services is responsible for providing technical and troubleshooting assistance related to computer hardware and software, mobile devices and other technology tools and products. The Analyst responds to incoming calls and incident tickets from our virtual workforce and provides triage on technical issues based on severity and business impact. Additionally, it may involve troubleshooting printer issues, smart phone support, and procuring, configuring and deploying new hardware to staff, coordinating hardware repair, and performing general systems administration tasks.
The ideal Support Analyst should be highly organized and should be an effective communicator, both with spoken and written word. The Analyst should be able to thrive in a fast paced environment, yet be patient at explaining technical issues to our staff.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide technical assistance and support to all staff (in person, by telephone, via e-mail or remote access) in a timely and accurate fashion. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help
- Support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals while ensuring optimal workstation performance
- Receive, prioritize, document, and actively resolve end user help requests.
- Install, configure and maintain Windows laptops
- Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware and peripherals
- Deliver high quality customer service while working with staff to troubleshoot issues
- Collaborate with other staff to ensure efficient operation of TNTP’s onsite and cloud computing environment
- Perform user account administration on multiple systems
- Perform password resets and re-certify tokens
- Monitor and escalate alerts from various systems
- Provide on-site IT user support to the Brooklyn Office
- Deploy monitoring tools and provide continuous monitoring of network and all associated platforms and troubleshoot problem areas as needed
- Assist with server deployment, application deployment, and any other areas where network expertise might be required
- Collaborate and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, security, processes, and service records
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, telephony equipment and other network appliances.
- Manage routers, firewalls, switches, and maintain backups of these devices, and software/firmware up to date.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Install, configure, diagnose, repair, and upgrade all organization hardware and equipment while ensuring its optimal performance.
- Install, configure, maintain, and optimize all network hardware, software, and communication links while ensuring minimal network downtime.
- Diagnose, resolve, and document hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Provide end user training and assistance where required.
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, actively pursue professional development and are self-motivated to learn new systems and technology, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
We expect our Support Analyst to:
- Love technology. You enjoy being at the forefront of new technologies and digging into software development.
- Be a natural problem-solver. You can quickly identify challenges, analyze the root causes, and propose solutions and tools to help staff.
- Provide strong support to TNTP staff. You’ll regularly interact with staff, providing high levels of customer service. You have an ability to communicate directly, concisely and to articulate technical information to any audience.
- Be willing to step up to the plate. You’re eager to contribute and learn, willing to provide solutions before we even know there are issues. You make ongoing process improvements.
- Previous Help Desk customer service experience with excellent troubleshooting experience and ability to respond to and utilize remote tools to address and resolve issues (e.g., Kaseya, LogMeIn, ConnectWise)
- Solid laptop break-fix experience (Dell/HP/Sony)
- Hands on experience and successful implementation and management of LAN, WAN, WLAN and WWAN design and implementation
- Hands on experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices. Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of routing and switching solutions, firewalls appliances, switches and load balancers.
- Hands-on knowledge of Microsoft server infrastructure, including Active Directory, Windows 2012 Server, VMware, Microsoft Online Exchange, and Office365.
- Technical knowledge of networking protocols, Internet standards and cloud services
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Excellent ability to communicate well, facilitate discussion, resolve problems, and understand the needs and desires of the end user
- Experience with AWS and Azure (preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in complex network environments
- University degree in computer science and/or 5 years’ equivalent work experience
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. TNTP may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check.
TNTP is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. TNTP does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.
Benefits and hiring process: http://tntp.org/join
Life at TNTP: http://tntp.org/about-tntp/our-people
Meet Some of TNTP's Employees
Sara works with TNTP’s talent coaches to train teachers and with school systems to implement effective teacher evaluation systems.
Back to top