Senior Talent Acquisition Manager - Talent & Culture
Sourcing and Talent Experts Needed!
TNTP seeks a full-time Senior Talent Acquisition Manager for our Talent & Culture department. This position is based in a home office anywhere in the U.S. or from the TNTP central office in Brooklyn, NY and is available immediately. Occasional travel required.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
Our Talent & Culture team works to ensure that TNTP can find, grow and keep amazing people. Talent & Culture leads the recruitment and selection, development, compensation and benefits administration, and performance evaluation of our exceptional staff of educational leaders.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Talent Acquisition Manager, you will partner with internal leaders to build talented and diverse teams of staff across TNTP that transform outcomes for kids. You will provide superior responsiveness to candidates and differentiated support to TNTP managers, continuously pushing them and our Talent Acquisition department to develop and execute a best in class talent acquisition function. Specific responsibilities include:
- Partnering with senior leaders across TNTP to understand business goals and services and forecast talent needs that inform TNTP’s Talent Acquisition strategy
- Developing high-quality, diverse pipelines of candidates for immediate and future vacancies by leveraging a variety of sourcing strategies, including social media, internet sourcing, and networking
- Generating new approaches and strategies to identifying quality sources for top talent
- Providing strategic counsel to hiring managers and teams on best practices in candidate profile development, interviewing, evaluating and selecting candidates, with a focus on diversity and inclusion
- Conducting initial screens of candidates for current and future vacancies
- Partnering with our Total Rewards team to develop competitive salary offers and supporting hiring managers with compelling messages for our total compensation package
- Collaborating with Talent & Culture Business Partners to support organizational talent strategy
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
We expect our Senior Talent Acquisition Managers to:
- Have a deep commitment to attracting and hiring high quality, diverse talent. You are hungry to constantly learn and leverage the most current approaches to attract great Finance, Human Resources, Communications or Technology candidates to organizations; you have at least 5 years of experience sourcing talent for these staff functions (required).
- Advise staff on talent acquisition strategy and best practices. You’ll regularly partner with internal clients at all levels of the organization, including our CEO. You will leverage your understanding of our internal clients’ work context, constraints and priorities to advise hiring managers and teams on the most effective talent acquisition practices in order to improve the outcomes of their work.
- Be a natural problem-solver. You anticipate challenges and opportunities within your work as it relates to our team and TNTP’s goals and priorities, and quickly generate creative solutions to meet evolving needs.
- Embrace a fast-moving organization. Deadlines, changing priorities and new projects don’t scare you. Instead, they inspire you to rise to the occasion.
- Love Data. You use a variety of data to drive short and long-term decision-making.
- Embrace technologies. You have a proven ability to quickly learn and use new technologies (hands on experience with applicant tracking systems is a plus).
- 5+ years of experience sourcing talent for staff functions such as Finance, Communications, Human Resources and/or Technology required.
- Expertise in developing and executing sourcing, assessment and selection, and search management strategies
- Track-record of success for sourcing high-quality candidates for traditionally hard-to-fill positions.
- Knowledge and experience with diversity and inclusion best practices in recruitment and selection
- The ability to proactively identify challenges and actively work to find solutions
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast paced environment, and owning a high level of accountability for metrics and outcomes.
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Able to build and maintain relationships quickly, especially in a virtual work environment
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency with Microsoft products; Experience with Taleo or a similar applicant tracking system is a plus
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering 100% of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work each day. TNTP may also offer a relocation stipend to help defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your resume and cover letter online.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible to be considered for this position. We recommend including with your resume a cover letter addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for the position for which you are applying. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check.
TNTP is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. TNTP does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.
Benefits and Hiring Process: http://tntp.org//join
Life at TNTP: http://tntp.org/join/life-at-tntp
Meet Some of TNTP's Employees
Sara works with TNTP’s talent coaches to train teachers and with school systems to implement effective teacher evaluation systems.
Back to top