Project Director - TNTP Learning Portal
Seeking Dynamic Common Core, Literacy and Online Learning Experts
TNTP seeks a full-time Project Director for our client team. This position is based in a home office anywhere in the U.S. or from the TNTP central office in Brooklyn, NY, and is available immediately. Occasional travel is required.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national non-profit that has reimagined teaching. We believe great teaching is transformative and that teachers, more than any other factor in education, have the greatest impact on whether or not a student will succeed in school. We were founded by teachers and they are at the center of everything we do. Our mission is to end educational inequality by providing excellent teachers to students who need them most.
TNTP is helping schools, districts and states to establish policies and practices that prioritize and support effective teaching, every day. TNTP’s Learning Portal is an innovative online platform that houses content-specific training for educators focused on ensuring teachers receive high quality professional development and learning experiences that foster academic excellence for students.
What You’ll Do
As a Project Director, you will reimagine TNTP’s approach to online learning and teacher professional development. We expect the Project Director to:
- Lead the strategy and development of a new approach to leveraging online learning for teacher professional development
- Leverage your expertise in Common Core Standards for English and Language Arts (ELA) to ensure strategy and the online courses developed are of high quality, aligned to Common Core ELA standards, and lead to immediate improvements in new and veteran teacher instruction
- Pilot new initiatives with TNTP Teaching Fellows Programs and other TNTP clients
- Partner with internal and external clients to lead cross-organization collaboration, understand needs and lead the development of content design that effectively meets different needs for teacher development
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
We expect our Project Directors to:
- Design high quality, Common Core aligned teacher professional development in ELA. We’re counting on your ability to break down effective, Common Core aligned instruction into smaller parts in order to build capacity and teach teachers how to effectively execute high quality instruction.
- Be an expert in Online Learning. You know how to maximize the impact of learning for teachers online.
- Be comfortable with the unknown. Ambiguity doesn’t scare you; just the opposite, you thrive on it. You will use your creative instincts to deal with vague situations and develop solutions in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment with limited guidance.
- Lead Thriving Teams. One of your greatest responsibilities and privileges will be to manage and develop TNTP’s amazing people and lead cross-organization collaboration to inform TNTP’s strategy, identifying the right staff to engage in moving this critical work forward.
- Strong familiarity and expertise with the Common Core State Standards in ELA required
- Previous experience designing or leading professional development required, preferably in an online environment
- Deep understanding of effective teaching practices
- Strong creative instincts to develop new approaches, programs or initiatives with limited guidance and minimal historical precedent
- Deep knowledge of content and instruction, with at least four years Pre-K-12 teaching experience, preferably in high-need schools or with high-need populations, and a proven track record of raising student achievement
- Excellent project management skills, the ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to critically assess challenges and identify flexible, effective solutions in ambiguous situations
- Previous experience developing and facilitating adult learning/training
- Flexibility in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment of rapidly changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong staff management experience (preferred)
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering 100% of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work each day. TNTP may also offer a relocation stipend to help defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible to be considered for this position. We will not consider applications without a cover letter tailored to this position, which can be addressed to the Human Capital department. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check. At TNTP, we know that diversity makes us stronger and challenges us to think differently every day. TNTP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or disability.
Hiring process: http://tntp.org/join/hiring-process
Life at TNTP: http://tntp.org/join/life-at-tntp
Back to top