Program Manager - Dallas
Use your communication and organization skills to support outstanding new teachers for Dallas students.
TNTP seeks a full-time Program Manager for our Client Team. This position will be based in Dallas, TX. This position is available immediately.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
Staff on TNTP’s Client Team work alongside teachers, school leaders, districts and states to help them achieve their goals for students. In Dallas, we are partnering with Dallas Independent School District to implement a cutting-edge teacher preparation program aimed at increasing the number of diverse and highly effective teachers for students in high-need schools. We will support the district in operating a rigorous alternative certification program that will meet the needs of its most challenged schools and to grow a quality workforce by implementing systems and policies that attract, develop, and retain the best teachers across the district.
What You’ll Do
The Program Manager will manage program operations, to ensure the teacher preparation program meets ambitious goals. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with district staff in developing and implementing strategies related to teacher hiring and retention, including drafting communications and running operations and logistics for teacher hiring events
- Serve as a critical thought partner to district staff in preparing for the state evaluation of the district’s teacher preparation program, including developing timelines and tools to track readiness for evaluation
- Analyze program data, including hiring data, program participant performance and evaluation data, and student achievement data to drive program improvement
- Create program materials, including PowerPoint presentations, marketing materials, handouts and talking points for meetings and events
- Provide operations support as needed for the execution of the program
- Provide strong customer service and communicate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including district staff, teachers, principals and others
- Develop and maintain tracking systems for communications and program deadlines.
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
We expect the Program Manager to:
- Be a strong strategic and analytic thinker. You are a natural problem solver who can efficiently grasp and act on a big picture, quickly analyze the root causes and define new ways forward. Your ability to chart a clear course, juggle many tasks and priorities, and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment will bring clarity to the complex projects you lead.
- Embrace a fast-moving organization. Deadlines, changing priorities and new projects don’t overwhelm you or the quality of your work. Instead, they inspire you to rise to the occasion. Your planning will be the backbone of an efficient and productive team. The team will look to you to establish systems, develop project plans, and support implementation. You will manage up and across different pieces of work to ensure the team meets goals.
- Deliver crisp, clean messages. Whether in writing or on the phone, your communications are articulate and concise. You understand your audience, can quickly build trust with a diverse group of people at all levels of an organization, and know how to deliver inspiring messages and tough news with ease and tactful finesse.
- Partner with education leaders. You’ll regularly interact with stakeholders, motivating them to make incremental change and take quantum leaps.
- Be willing to step up to the plate. You’re eager to contribute and learn, and willing to help identify solutions independently.
- Have an unwavering belief that ALL children can learn. A passion for education is essential to being successful in this role.
Specific qualifications include:
- Outstanding ability to quickly and deeply build trust with diverse groups of stakeholders at all levels, and collaborate effectively to meet common goals
- Comfort operating in ambiguous environments with regularly shifting goals and timelines
- Strong program or project management experience with extraordinary attention to detail and professionalism, and the ability to organize, plan and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly, proposing and implementing thoughtful solutions
- Demonstrated success in analyzing and interpreting quantitative data and diverse information and to make recommendations based on the findings, specifically using Excel and/or Access
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; Wiki space management experience preferred (Confluence)
- Experience working in high-need schools or with high-needs populations (preferred)
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. TNTP may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check.
At TNTP, we believe that diversity makes us stronger and challenges us to think differently every day. TNTP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or disability.
Benefits and hiring process: http://tntp.org/join
Life at TNTP: http://tntp.org/about-tntp/our-people
Back to top