Part-Time Site Manager, Elementary – TNTP Learning Portal
Use your teacher development expertise and passion for online learning to end educational inequality!
TNTP seeks a part-time Site Manager to lead development of high quality online professional development courses for TNTP’s Learning Portal, TNTP’s emerging virtual teacher training, coaching and development space that provides high quality training content to educators across the country.
The time commitment for this position is 15-20 hours per week. This position is based in a home office anywhere in the U.S. or from the TNTP central office in Brooklyn, NY. This position is available immediately.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national non-profit that has reimagined teaching. We believe great teaching is transformative and that teachers, more than any other factor in education, have the greatest impact on whether or not a student will succeed in school. We were founded by teachers and they are at the center of everything we do. Our mission is to end educational inequality by providing excellent teachers to students who need them most.
Staff on TNTP’s Client Team work alongside teachers, school leaders, districts and states to help them achieve their goals for students.
What You’ll Do
As a Site Manager, you will play a critical role in TNTP’s teacher development initiatives and programs by leading development of online elementary coursework that will be one component of TNTP’s rigorous training and certification program for new teachers. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the editing and development of existing high quality courses and content for TNTP’s Learning Portal, or the creation of a new course
- Aligning course design and content to Common Core State Standards and best practices for online learning
- Project manage one part-time course writer
- Managing one part-time course builder who build the courses into our online TNTP Learning Portal
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. If you’ve been pegged as a problem solver, complimented for your communication skills, and proven you thrive in a fast-paced environment, you’ll be right at home here. We’re looking for talented people who learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push themselves, their work and the people around them to the next level.
We expect the Site Manager to:
- Make strategic decisions on a daily basis. You’ll use your analytical and problem solving skills to propose solutions and run with them every day. Ambiguity doesn’t scare you; just the opposite, you thrive on it. Your creative instincts will help you deal with vague situations and develop new approaches to online teacher training with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment.
- Bring deep experience in teacher training. You have designed and led professional development for teachers and know how to move teachers from good to great. You believe in relying on practical, skills-based training strategies early in a teacher’s career, to lay a solid foundation for long-term effectiveness in the classroom.
- Love technology and online learning. You not only believe in the power of online learning platforms to transform classroom practice, you understand the unique value-add of online learning technology and advocate for smart ways to maximize its capabilities.
- Lead a thriving team. One of your greatest responsibilities and privileges will be to manage and develop TNTP’s amazing people.
- Deep understanding of effective teaching practices
- A strong education background and instructional skill set with at least two years K-12 teaching experience (required), preferably teaching elementary in a high-need school
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Previous experience designing and leading teacher professional development (required), preferably in a virtual environment
- Strong familiarity and experience with the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) required
- Ability to critically assess challenges and identify flexible, effective solutions in ambiguous situations
- Staff management experience (preferred)
- Exceptional written communication skills
What We Offer
TNTP offers a motivated team of dynamic colleagues, a collegial atmosphere that values professional development and the free exchange of feedback, and the opportunity to influence the direction of a growing, mission-driven organization that is committed to the success of our nation’s children. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check.
At TNTP, we believe that diversity makes us stronger and challenges us to think differently every day. TNTP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or disability.
Life at TNTP: www.tntp.org/join/life-at-tntp
Hiring process: http://tntp.org/join/hiring-process
Back to top