Part-Time Program Associate - Strategic Growth
Use your program operations and communications skills to end educational inequality!
TNTP seeks a part-time Program Associate to join TNTP’s client team. This position can be based from a home office anywhere in the United States or from TNTP’s offices in Brooklyn, NY. This position is available immediately and has the potential for 30 percent average annual travel.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
Staff on TNTP’s Client Team work alongside teachers, school leaders, districts and states to help them achieve their goals for students. Specific to our academic work, we work on initiatives that incorporate a focus on curriculum, instruction, assessments, systemic reforms and/or ensuring alignment at every level to rigorous standards, such as the Common Core. We keep the full system in mind to customize interventions that will make a sustainable impact at scale.
What You’ll Do
As a Program Associate, you will work with TNTP staff to provide operations and administrative support for a wide range of projects with TNTP’s district partners across the country. In your first year, you will play a critical role supporting the logistics and execution of innovative field research for TNTP’s next national publication examining student experience. You will be responsible for supporting and implementing program management tools and processes and ensuring coordination across projects. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Coordinating with central office leaders, principals, teachers and your TNTP colleagues to plan and schedule school visits and interviews
- Supporting the calibration, distribution and maintenance of data collection tools and materials
- Planning and supporting communication and tracking systems to help ensure complete data collection
- Operating with flexibility and a sense of possibility to troubleshoot real-time challenges with schedules, materials or other issues from the field
- Providing high-quality customer service that is aligned to project goals and priorities in all interactions with TNTP staff, partners, teachers and school leaders
- Ensuring a keen eye to processes, from materials distribution and collection to data entry and tracking.
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
We expect the Program Associate to:
- Love details, organization and operations. Your impeccable attention to the details and smooth operations will drive your work.
- Be flexible. You’re willing to take on new responsibilities as they arise.
- Learn quickly. You can master new information as it becomes available and communicate it clearly and concisely to program participants.
- Partner with education leaders. You’ll regularly interact with TNTP’s district partners, building strong relationships and providing a high level of support.
- Strong skills in time management, including the ability to balance multiple priorities and complete work in a fast-paced environment
- An ability to execute on projects and meet deadlines with quality work
- A positive outlook, flexibility and sense of possibility
- Evidence of working successfully in teams or cooperative settings; sense of customer service
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Experience with event management (preferred)
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. TNTP may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check.
At TNTP, we believe that diversity makes us stronger and challenges us to think differently every day. TNTP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or disability.
Benefits and hiring process: http://tntp.org/join
Life at TNTP: http://tntp.org/about-tntp/our-people
Back to top