Part-Time Course Writer, Secondary Science
Seeking exceptional educators!
TNTP seeks a flexible location, Part-Time Course Writer, Secondary Science for TNTP’s Learning Portal, TNTP’s emerging virtual training, coaching and development space that provides high quality training content to educators across the country. The time commitment for this position is approximately 15 hours per week. This position is based in a home office anywhere in the U.S. or from the TNTP central office in Brooklyn, NY, and is available immediately.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
Staff on TNTP’s Client Team work alongside teachers, school leaders, districts and states to help them achieve their goals for students.
What You’ll Do
As a Part-Time Course Writer, you will play a critical role in TNTP’s teacher development initiatives and programs by designing, developing, and adapting content for our online coursework. Specifically, you will:
- Adapt course content and sessions to meet the needs of our clients
- Develop new content and sessions to supplement existing coursework
- Ensure that course content and sessions are of high quality and result in immediate improvement in teacher performance
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
We expect the Part-Time Course Writer to:
- Bring deep experience in teacher training. You have designed and led professional development for teachers and know how to move teachers from good to great. You believe in relying on practical, skills-based training strategies early in a teacher’s career, to lay a solid foundation for long-term effectiveness in the classroom.
- Write in a compelling and engaging manner. You have experience researching and writing bilingual education or related curriculum, including aligning curriculum to the Common Core State Standards and selecting appropriate instructional strategies.
- Superlative attention to detail. Our programs rely heavily on your work. We’ll count on you to surface and resolve issues along the way, as the integrity of your final product must be unquestionable.
- Have classroom experience. You have at least two years of teaching experience (preferably in a high-need urban school) and a proven track record of raising student achievement.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity. You are comfortable and confident innovating in order to provide the most effective teachers possible to high need schools.
- Experience and expertise in teaching and/or coaching secondary science teachers (required)
- Experience and expertise in teaching and/or coaching teachers (required)
- Strong familiarity and experience with the Texas Essential Knowledge & Skills (TEKS) standards (preferred)
- Experience with developing curriculum for online platforms (preferred)
- A commitment to constant learning and improvement, in both your own work and the work of others
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus.
TNTP offers a motivated team of dynamic colleagues, a collegial atmosphere that values professional development and valuable feedback, and the chance to impact the direction of a growing, mission-driven company that is committed to the success of our nation’s children.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check.
TNTP is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. TNTP does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.
Benefits and hiring process: http://tntp.org/join
Life at TNTP: http://tntp.org/about-tntp/our-people
Meet Some of TNTP's Employees
Sara works with TNTP’s talent coaches to train teachers and with school systems to implement effective teacher evaluation systems.
Back to top