Partner, Organizational Learning and Development
Leverage your skills and experience to transform our schools.
TNTP seeks a full-time Partner to lead our Organizational Learning and Development (OLD) team within our Talent and Culture department. This position is based in a home office anywhere in the U.S. or from our home office New York, NY and requires travel, up to 30% of the time.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation's public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we're a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
Our Talent & Culture team works to ensure that TNTP can find, grow, and retain amazing people. Talent & Culture leads the recruitment and selection, development, compensation, benefits administration and performance evaluation of our exceptional staff of educational leaders. Our team is virtual, with some of us based in TNTP's central office in Manhattan, and the rest working remotely from home offices across the country.
What You'll Do
The Partner is a critical leader at TNTP - managing a portfolio of internal projects and advising on our external work. The Partner, OLD will lead the execution of our organizational diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy by creating and implementing a scope and sequence for organizational learning and development that will include how we implement organization-wide learning experiences, develop our managers, and support internal engagements at the Management Team and Department level. The Partner will serve as a thought-partner, advisor and, in some cases, leader of external client work, and will approach all work with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens. The Partner will develop and advance innovative and nuanced solutions to TNTP's biggest challenges and ensure engagements meet organizational needs and achieve ambitious goals. The Partner will be a member of the Talent & Culture Management Team and inform the strategic direction of the department. Specifically, you will:
- Provide the leadership, strategic direction, decision-making, and team management necessary to ensure the success of TNTP's internal diversity, equity and inclusion priorities.
- Manage the design and implementation of our organizational learning strategy, engaging and influencing stakeholders across the organization, to drive towards our diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
- Analyze organizational engagement data to monitor progress, and make strategic, informed decisions regarding organizational learning priorities and strategy.
- Build and manage high-level internal client relationships to ensure investment in our ongoing organizational learning and development
- Utilize long-term planning and quality controls to ensure team goals are met and ongoing work is stable and sustainable
- Hire, manage, and develop staff who will oversee the development and delivery of TNTP's organizational learning work and advise on our approach to external client work.
- Facilitate high-quality, impactful learning experiences to diverse audiences, providing thoughtful and compelling insights in settings small and large, formal and informal, frequently inclusive of topics of race, privilege, and power.
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children's lives through education. You'll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
We expect our Partners to:
- Drive Strategy and Innovation. You're a strategy setter who can generate innovative and nuanced solutions to complex challenges, provide strategic vision, anticipate challenges, and assess the effectiveness of our work.
- Motivate and influence others to act. We're counting on your ability to clearly communicate complex information in a compelling way. You are as comfortable advising members of our Leadership and Management Teams as you are working with your team. You persuade your audience to deliver results.
- Lead Thriving Teams. One of your greatest responsibilities and privileges will be to manage TNTP's people. You will lead your team to success by leveraging and developing talent to maximize our impact.
- Model Cross-Cultural Agility. Authentic self-reflection, self- awareness, and high emotional intelligence are central to who you are as a leader, and you utilize these skills to shape a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. You have an adept cultural understanding of yourself and use your understanding of yourself and others to build trusting relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Support sustainability and growth. You understand and consider external conditions that affect the organization's work, actively advocate for change, and successfully propose new services that align to strategic priorities when necessary. You build and maintain a strong external network and are viewed as a leader within the larger field.
- 5+ years of experience leading complex organizational change efforts, including the ability to develop a clear vision and purposeful strategy to achieve ambitious goals, the design and management of aligned learning and development programs, and the skill to influence senior-level staff members.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, including the development and implementation of strategy, and engagement in learning experiences to build competency, self-awareness, and embed inclusivity into actions.
- Demonstrated success navigating and managing complex and nuanced relationships, including the ability to motivate and influence the decisions of TNTP's most senior-level clients, and gather a variety of perspectives to inform organizational decisions.
- The ability to critically assess challenges and identify innovative, effective solutions in ambiguous situations
- Excellent management skills, including experience effectively managing staff and developing talent to achieve ambitious goals
- Excellent project management skills and an ability to work efficiently and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Experience developing and managing budgets, including financial forecasting and maximizing revenue
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance-based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. TNTP may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online.
It's in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position.
TNTP is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. TNTP does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.
Benefits and hiring process: http://tntp.org/join
Life at TNTP: http://tntp.org/about-tntp/our-people
Back to top