Leadership Coach, Kansas City PLUS
Seeking passionate school leaders!
TNTP seeks a full-time Leadership Coach for our Kansas City team. This position is based in the Kansas City, MO region and is available immediately.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation's public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we're a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
Across the country, we work to create effective leaders by recruiting and training new school leaders and developing current leaders through targeted professional development and one-on-one coaching. Our work, including Kansas City PLUS, provides the education sector the opportunity to learn more about how to effectively recruit, train, and support school leaders over time.
What You'll Do
We know that to have an effective teacher in every classroom, there must be an effective leader in every school. As a Leadership Coach, you will work with our team and schools in the district, charter and/or parochial sectors to drive systemic change by creating and developing a shared vision of what excellent instruction looks like. You'll coach new and current school leaders to operationalize that vision by developing their instructional expertise, management and personal leadership skills to be successful.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Facilitating weekly goals-based coaching aligned to program priorities and differentiated for individual leader needs and context
- Contributing to the design of a professional development scope and sequence for new and veteran school leaders
- Designing and facilitating professional development for new school leaders and current school leaders
- Collaborating with network and district leadership to observe and deliver concrete, actionable feedback to new and veteran school leaders
- Collaborating with TNTP Leadership Coaches across contracts to develop TNTP's best practices in leadership development
- Serving as a leader in the local educational sector advocating for improved educational opportunities for children
- Transforming challenges into opportunities - for your team, for your residents and school leaders you support
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children's lives through education. You'll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
We expect the Leadership Coach to:
- Bring a distinguished track record in coaching or school leadership. You have coached school leaders or led schools that achieved great things for their students.
- Demonstrate expertise in facilitating powerful learning experiences for adults. You excel at designing and implementing professional development experiences and have the content expertise to create rich training materials, conceptualize meaningful interactive learning experiences, and facilitate training sessions for school leaders.
- Facilitate high-quality presentations to diverse audiences. We're counting on your strong public presentation skills and ability to provide thoughtful and compelling insights in settings small and large, formal and informal.
- Know great teaching and learning that prepares students for success in college and career when you see it. You understand the implications of the shifts in instruction required by standards for students, teachers, school leaders and district staff and how the different elements of the standards work together.
- Propose innovative solutions to complex challenges. You have a history of tackling high stakes challenges head on and moving work forward toward successful outcomes. Ambiguity doesn't overwhelm you; just the opposite, you thrive on it. Your creative instincts will help you deal with vague situations and develop new approaches with limited guidance.
- Influence leaders to act. You'll regularly interact with and be expected to influence clients - motivating them to make both incremental change and take quantum leaps.
- Previous experience as a school principal and a proven track record of raising student achievement, preferably in high-need schools or with high-need populations (required)
- Experience coaching and facilitating professional development for school leaders and teachers (required)
- Immediate understanding of what effective teaching looks like and a deep commitment to effective and rigorous instruction
- Strong familiarity and experience with the Missouri Learning Standards (preferred)
- Ability to track and analyze performance data to uncover trends and act strategically and effectively to improve results
- Ability to communicate compelling feedback that motivates leaders, develops instruction and accelerates student achievement
- Comfort tackling sensitive issues and modeling crucial conversations
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills, including the ability to collaborate, and attain and grow effective partnerships to meet common goals
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. TNTP may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online.
It's in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position.
TNTP is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. TNTP does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.
Benefits and hiring process: http://tntp.org/join
Kansas City PLUS: http://kansascityplus.org/about-the-program/how-it-works
Life at TNTP: http://tntp.org/about-tntp/our-people
Back to top