Help Desk Associate
Use your technology trouble-shooting skills to help end educational inequality!
TNTP seeks a full-time Help Desk Associate to provide user support and trouble-shooting for several platforms. This position is available in January and will be based from a home office anywhere in the United States, although preference is for Mountain or Pacific time. The position is full-time, with hours to cover peak usage times across all time zones which typically run from 10am to 7pm ET.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
TNTP’s Technology Services department works to create a sustainable organization that can meet its goals through the delivery of cost-effective and high quality services to over 350 staff in over 40 client sites and several thousand teachers and other users of our platforms. We work directly with our internal clients to provide exceptional customer service and manage vendors who provide technology support and maintenance services. We are constantly building enhancements and new systems to support the evolving business process of our internal clients as well as to address the business needs of a growing, virtually connected organization.
We have several technology platforms used by Teaching Fellows programs and TNTP Academy, PLUS leadership programs, the Fishman Prize, SEED sites and other internal and external programs to support the successful delivery of virtual and in-person trainings and to track the progress of program participants. Users include, but aren’t limited to, site staff, candidates (i.e. Fellows, Participants, Teachers, School Leaders, etc.), principals, and contractual staff such as Pre-Service Training staff (Instructors, Coaches) and Prescreeners.
What You’ll Do
The Help Desk Associate helps support the efficiency of our teams’ work by providing single-point-of-support for several technology platforms by answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching or instructing staff and external users regarding software functionality, and determining when issues should be escalated for Tier 2 support.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide timely end user support (Tier 1) via email, phone, and Skype
- Perform basic troubleshooting of issues affecting the accessibility and use of several technology platforms
- Coordinate logistics of escalating issues to the next level of support
- Perform accounts administration and user account creation
- Collaborate with the Tech Platforms Coordinator to ensure efficient operation and use of platforms across the organization
- Maintain system documentation and user training materials; conduct user training as needed
- Access and maintain a current and accurate log of support activity; prior experience with JIRA preferred
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
We expect our Help Desk Associate to:
- Multi-task effectively. Prioritizing tasks and switching gears easily comes naturally to you and you work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment. You are self-disciplined and walk the fine line of speed and accuracy.
- Enjoy learning and sharing knowledge. You look for opportunities to educate users and staff. Learning new features and asking questions come easily to you and the word “documentation” doesn’t make you want to scream.
- Communicate thoughtfully with a customer service approach. Your writing is clean and simple and your tone is helpful and respectful. You always consider your audience and use superb judgment in your communication. You understand the importance of user perception and can navigate technical and non-techie conversations with ease.
- Be a natural problem-solver. You can quickly identify challenges, analyze the root causes, and propose creative solutions. You are superb at identifying trends and seeing the forest for the trees, without losing sight of the needs of individual users.
- 1-3 years of experience providing end-user support for software; Applicant Tracking System support experience preferred
- Aptitude to quickly learn web-based software applications
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Expert multi-tasking ability, including the ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- The ability to work effectively with others at all levels of an organization and to consistently display a high level of professionalism and customer service in all interactions
- The ability to critically assess challenges and identify flexible, effective solutions in ambiguous situations
- Experience conducting software trainings or willingness to learn
- Mountain or Pacific time zone preferred
- Associates degree preferred
What We Offer
TNTP offers competitive hourly pay commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. TNTP may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check.
TNTP is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. TNTP does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.
Benefits and Hiring Process: http://tntp.org//join
Life at TNTP: http://tntp.org/join/life-at-tntp
Meet Some of TNTP's Employees
Sara works with TNTP’s talent coaches to train teachers and with school systems to implement effective teacher evaluation systems.
Back to top