Use your organizational skills to help end educational inequality!
TNTP seeks a full-time virtual Executive Assistant to support the day to day work of TNTP’s leadership team. This position can be based from a home office anywhere in the United States or from the TNTP central office in Brooklyn; the majority of individuals supported by the Executive Assistant are working remotely from home offices. The position requires occasional travel for team meetings and retreats, as well as one organization-wide conference a year.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national non-profit that has reimagined teaching. We believe great teaching is transformative and that teachers, more than any other factor in education, have the greatest impact on whether or not a student will succeed in school. We were founded by teachers and they are at the center of everything we do. Our mission is to end educational inequality by providing excellent teachers to the students who need them most and by advancing policies and practices that ensure effective teaching happens in every classroom.
TNTP’s leaders bring to the organization over 150 years of collective experience in education and organizational management. Their experience as education policy experts, as executives, and as public school teachers guides them in shaping the organization’s goals, services and strategy.
What You’ll Do
As an Executive Assistant, you will provide responsive and savvy administrative support to help TNTP’s Leadership Team work more efficiently, so they can focus on the organization’s most critical priorities. You will be exposed to a broad perspective on the organization’s work and will have the opportunity to regularly interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including board members, TNTP staff, clients, press, irreplaceable teachers, and other VIPs.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Calendar management for group leadership teams, comprised of Executive Vice Presidents (EVPs) and Vice Presidents (VPs), including:
- Scheduling meetings and conference calls, gathering and sharing appropriate background/preparatory material, and coordinating offsite meeting logistics
- Structuring VP/EVP schedules and reconciling day to day tasks with his or her evolving priorities
- Identifying opportunities to increase VP’s/EVP’s efficiency through thoughtful time management
- Schedule travel and coordinate arrangements
- Complete and submit timesheets, expense reports, and vendor invoices
- Collaborate with EVPs, VPs, and other TNTP staff to plan and execute logistics for department and team meetings, retreats, and professional development opportunities
- Communicate regularly via email and phone with a variety of stakeholders including TNTP staff and other education leaders
- Take meeting notes and share next steps with collaborators as needed
- Model TNTP’s culture to all
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level. We expect our Executive Assistants to:
- Be a self-starter and a natural problem-solver. You can quickly identify challenges, analyze the root causes, and propose creative solutions. You anticipate what VP’s/EVP’s will need and act on your ideas, helping TNTP’s leadership focus on their most important work.
- Be thorough and accurate. You will be tasked with managing many details and helping multiple leaders who have different preferences stay organized as they manage multiple competing priorities.
- Communicate thoughtfully. Your writing is clean and simple. You always consider your audience and use superb judgment, whether sending a quick email response or drafting a message for a large group.
- Multi-task effectively. You are a natural organizer, prioritize effectively, enjoy learning new things, and work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- 3-5 years of experience providing administrative support for executives and senior leaders
- Experience leading peers and defining best practice
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Excellent calendar management, event planning, organizational and time-management skills
- Advanced MS Office skills and aptitude to quickly learn web-based software applications for expenses, invoices, and internal knowledge management
- Expert multi-tasking ability, including the ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- The ability to work effectively with others at all levels of an organization and to consistently display a high level of professionalism and customer service in all interactions
- The ability to proactively identify challenges and actively work to find solutions
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity
- Prior experience working in a virtual environment and supporting multiple stakeholders virtually (preferred)
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. TNTP may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check.
At TNTP, we believe that diversity makes us stronger and challenges us to think differently every day. TNTP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or disability.
- TNTP: www.tntp.org
- Benefits and hiring process: http://tntp.org/join
- Life at TNTP: http://tntp.org/about-tntp/our-people
Back to top