Business Analyst - Technology Services
Use your critical thinking skills to help end educational inequality!
TNTP seeks a full-time Business Analyst for Technology Services. This position is based in a home office anywhere in the U.S. or from the TNTP central office in Brooklyn, NY. Occasional travel is required.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation's public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we're a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
TNTP's Technology Services Department supports our organization with internal and client-facing technology needs. Our team is virtual, with some of us based in TNTP's Brooklyn office, and the rest working remotely from home offices across the country. The Business Analyst, as a member of the Technology Services team, supports the processes, systems, reporting and analytics for technology operations at TNTP.
What You'll Do
The Business Analyst role may vary in specific duties depending on assigned projects. You will generally work collaboratively with internal and external clients to analyze process and technology challenges and recommend practical solutions.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic advisory guidance to internal and external clients on maximizing the use of proprietary and licensed technology platforms.
- Identify current- and future-state business processes that support operationalizing technology solutions
- Develop a deployment strategy for clients using a portfolio of recommended technology solutions, including user support and training
- Build a knowledge management structure around a portfolio of systems to drive efficient client engagements
- Coordinate with our Technology Advisory and Development teams to ensure a high-quality client experience
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children's lives through education. You'll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
We expect our Business Analyst to:
- Manage and improve on processes. You'll use your technical, analytical and problem-solving skills to propose solutions and run with them every day.
- Love data. Your experience analyzing data and making it come alive will be crucial. You will design and implement processes and reports to ensure data integrity.
- Generate solutions. You'll use your creative problem-solving skills to address complex problems that will balance supporting multiple stakeholder needs.
- Connect the dots. You'll use your strong project management and problem-solving skills to create and execute on multiple, complex streams of work, proposing solutions to thorny issues and making critical decisions on the best course of action for our work. Ambiguity doesn't scare you; just the opposite, you thrive on it.
- Partner with clients. You'll regularly interact with internal and external clients who use technology or need a technical solution and will approach solving problems with their perspectives in mind, providing resources, recommending solutions and motivating them to try out new ways of working.
- Deliver crisp, clean messages. Whether in writing or on the phone, your communications are articulate and concise. You understand your audience and know how to deliver inspiring messages and tough news with ease and tactful finesse.
- 5 or more years of experience in an Analyst function
- The ability to critically assess challenges and identify flexible, effective solutions in ambiguous situations
- Strong client management and relationship building skills
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to work independently and efficiently in a virtual, fast-paced environment and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to research, assess, and recommend improvements to business processes, organization, and policies that can increase the advantages gained from technical and non-technical solutions
- Comfort working with data and data sources
- Experience deploying multiple technical solutions at the same time to one client
- Experience with or desire to learn and support solution implementations that require Access, Excel, Power BI, Tableau, SharePoint Online, and others
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. TNTP may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online.
It's in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position.
TNTP is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. TNTP does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.
Benefits and hiring process: http://tntp.org/join
Life at TNTP: http://tntp.org/about-tntp/our-people
Meet Some of TNTP's Employees
Training & Instruction Manager
Joe strives to improve NYC’s education system by training talented new teachers. As a Training & Instruction Manager, he helps to prepare 900 new Teaching Fellows to enter classrooms each year.
Back to top