Business Analyst - Salesforce.com
TNTP is hiring a full time Business Analyst (Salesforce.com) to join our Technology Services team. This position is available immediately, will be based in our Brooklyn central office or from a home office anywhere in the United States, and will require occasional travel
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
TNTP’s Technology Services Department supports our organization with internal and client-facing technology needs. Our team is virtual, with some of us based in TNTP’s Brooklyn office, and the rest working remotely from home offices across the country.
With an annual operating budget of over $60 million, TNTP’s business model is based primarily on fee for service client engagements with large, urban school districts, state departments of education and charter schools working to ensure all students get an outstanding education, no matter where they live. The Business Analyst, as a member of the Technology Services team, supports the operational processes, systems (primarily Salesforce), reporting and analytics for business development at TNTP. This includes managing an evolving process based on TNTP’s implementation of Salesforce.com.
What You’ll Do
The Business Analyst, will work collaboratively with internal groups to maintain and support TNTP’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, Salesforce.com., and analyze process and technology challenges and recommend practical solutions. The Analyst provides key analytics that support our business development strategy. As an Analyst, you will keep a constant pulse on systems and data trends to ensure the Legal and Business Development Operations team meets their goals and drives business development strategy for the organization. Over time, you will also have the opportunity to work collaboratively with internal and external clients to analyze process and technology challenges and recommend practical solutions.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide expert technical leadership on the management and use of Salesforce.com
- Ensure that Salesforce is effectively developed, maintained and supported to enable the organization to meet its business needs
- Design and generate statistical summary and analytical reports, including financial reports
- Support data integrity and reporting that effectively supports TNTP business partners.
- Provide guidance, training and support to Salesforce end users
What You Bring
We are looking for a creative problem solver who loves technology, knows how to build strong relationships with clients in order to diagnose their needs and implement effective solutions, and enjoys constantly learning and innovating. We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level (a sense of humor and passion for good food are welcome too).
We expect our Business Analyst to:
- Manage and improve on systems. You’ll use your familiarity with CRM systems, technical, analytical and problem solving skills to propose solutions and run with them every day.
- Love Data. Your experience analyzing data and making it come alive will be crucial. You will design and implement processes and reports to ensure data integrity.
- Generate Solutions. You’ll use your creative problem solving skills to address complex problems that will best support internal group needs.
- Connect the dots. You’ll use your strong project management and problem solving skills to create and execute on multiple, complex streams of work, proposing solutions to thorny issues and making critical decisions on the best course of action for our work. Ambiguity doesn’t scare you; just the opposite, you thrive on it.
- Partner with TNTP staff. You’ll regularly interact with staff who use Salesforce and will approach solving problems with their perspectives in mind, providing resources, recommending solutions and motivating them to try out new ways of working.
- Embrace a fast-moving organization. Deadlines, changing priorities and new projects don’t overwhelm you. Instead, they inspire you to rise to the occasion.
- Deliver crisp, clean messages. Whether in writing or on the phone, your communications are articulate and concise. You understand your audience and know how to deliver inspiring messages and tough news with ease and tactful finesse.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Salesforce.com administration experience (required) Salesforce Administration certification (preferred).
- 3+ years of experience working in an Analyst function
- The ability to critically assess challenges and identify flexible, effective solutions in ambiguous situations
- Strong client management and relationship building skills
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to work independently and efficiently towards goals in a virtual, fast-paced environment and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills, including the ability to identify challenges and proactively generate creative solutions
- Ability to communicate well, facilitate discussion, lead trainings, resolve problems, and understand the needs and desires of end-users
- Ability to research, assess, and recommend improvements to business processes, organization, and policies that can increase the advantages gained from technical and non-technical solutions
- Strong analytical skills and proven experience using data to drive decision-making
- Experience writing user-stories, business requirements, functional specifications, and developing process diagrams
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. TNTP may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check.
At TNTP, we believe that diversity makes us stronger and challenges us to think differently every day. TNTP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or disability.
Benefits and hiring process: http://tntp.org/join
Life at TNTP: http://tntp.org/about-tntp/our-people
Back to top