Workday Product Owner
- Richardson, TX
The Product Owner (PO) we're looking to hire resides within the HR Domain and is a member of the extended Product Management team and crucial member of the Agile Team. PO owns the Team / Sprint backlog representing the single source of truth the Product & Technology team and is the single point of contact to the Dev team and Customer team for user story details associated to Workday continuous delivery workstream(s). PO is responsible for defining and refining user stories and prioritizing the Agile Team backlog to streamline the execution of Workday SaaS Platform while maintaining conceptual and technical integrity of features for the team.
This role needs to be able to navigate within the platform and provide high level technical guidance while working within the Delivery workstream. They are the bridge between the business stakeholders (non-technical) with the technical delivery teams (engineers, configuration leads) that will transform what the business is expecting from a behavior to what the development team and testing resources should be creating and testing
The PO also is aware of modern software development, integration and delivery practices using DevOps and Agile methodologies. In this capacity, the PO remains highly available to the Dev teams during each iteration (sprint) in order to answer real-time questions and provide clarity to user stories. PO also drives user story refinement activities ensuring Team backlog contains 2 iterations worth of 'ready' work for Dev team. These two functions are critical to enabling Dev teams to improve and maintain high velocity/productivity in iteration (sprint) execution.
PO also has a significant role in quality control and is the only team member empowered to accept stories as done, ensuring the acceptance criteria has been met. This role has significant relationships and responsibilities outside their specific Agile team, including working with Product Management, who is responsible for the Product (Program) Backlog, to prepare for the Program Increment (PI) Planning meeting (Big Room Planning).
- Coordinates and functional scope analysis and detailed solution design of the processes/systems within domain. Partners across domain IT teams for alignment and impact analysis.
- Proactively reviews domain for risk and mitigations before they become critical. Continually keeps stakeholders, management and project managers informed of team activities and work-plan status.
- Leads issue resolution efforts to help eliminate or reduce scheduling or budget impacts.
- Collaborate with business and IT partner teams to refine and define business capability and technology roadmaps, provides education on potential process and system solution options, and drives business/IT investigation of emerging strategic capabilities.
- Facilitates sessions to solicit and document requirements (e.g. creation of user stories).
Business and Technical Execution
- Develops understanding of customer experience, especially at a tactical and transaction level.
- Builds and maintains Agile (Scrum / Sprint) team backlog, with input from the customer, Product Managers, System Architect/Engineering and other stakeholders (team backlog consists mostly of user stories, it also includes defects and enablers.)
- Collaborates with Agile team and stakeholders to write user stories and requirements that include acceptance criteria and acceptance tests, typically for 1 or 2 (max) Agile / Scrum teams.
- Reviews and prioritizes Agile Team backlog for Iteration (Sprint) Planning, including coordination of dependencies with other Product Owners.
- Primary resource (and source of truth / single point of contact) to Technical (Dev) team and Customer team for user story details. Highly available to technical team during iteration (sprint) in order to answer real-time questions and provide clarity to user stories.
- Manages and maintains the efficient flow of just-in-time story elaboration activities (user story refinement) throughout team execution, typically maintaining 2 iterations(sprints) worth user stories available and ready in team backlog.
- Works across Agile teams to define and implement improvement stories that will increase velocity and quality of the program.
- Accountable and responsible for user story quality and performance in production environment.
- Supports and helps Technical Product Managers create and manage product vision and technical roadmap, primarily related to working scope.
- 3+ years Development/Configuration Workday experience
- 4-7 years experience in a Product Management, Product Owner, Business Analyst, or Software Engineer role.
- 2-4 years experience delivering software with Agile Scrum methodologies and other commonly used tools.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Back to top