Vendor Performance Manager (Operations)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comVendor Manager (Operations) & Vendor Performance Manager (Operations) assists Vendor Management team manage the vendor relationship to deliver best value to T-Mobile, help develop and improve metrics to drive improved performance and productivity, and strengthen the overall business relationship. The role uses a variety of tools and skills on cross-functional projects and reporting mechanisms to support the Vendor Management Team. This role also involves work across vendor management aspects such as contract template creation, category sourcing, vendor management best practices, and vendor management strategy and planning.
- 3 years'Telecommunications/Wireless Industry experience in the areas of Engineering, Finance or Carrier Management desired or equivalent combination of education and experience. Transport/Network knowledge recommended.
- Proven analytical skill and ability is essential. Experience with data analytics tools (excel, SQL, Tableau).
- Experience with financial planning systems (eg., SAP, Marketplace).
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Key traits of vendor Managers are: positive attitude, Relationship focused internal and external relationships, ability to manage conflict, strong business principles/ethics/integrity.
- Understanding of the current telecommunications regulatory environment
- Familiarity with contracts/tariffs and the negotiation process.
- Ability to identify opportunities and to assess their impact on the business.
- Preferred skills are: Contracting, Negotiations, Financial Analysis, Audit/Compliance, and Project Management.
- Enterprise Core Competencies: Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Bachelor's degree Business, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance or related required.
- Any course/certification in analytics preferred.
- Works with leadership to help determine areas of improvement on service reliability, cost savings and quality improvement. Monitors and Communicates vendor financial and operational impacts to the T-Mobile Technology teams.
- Leads independent analysis and follow domain specific technology trends to become an expert in some of the overall 10 domains that TMUS EIT is moving to.
- Supports and works in close cooperation with Vendor Managers, FP&A teams and IT Business Owners to gather data and report on insights with both a regular cadence and an ad-hoc basis.
- Provides support to Vendor Managers and Vendor Management Team in domain management, category management and support the development and implementation of vendor management strategies through research and analysis.
- Assists Vendor Managers in the gathering of requirements from IT Business Owners and assist with technical writing of the same both on an ad-hoc basis and to create templates to help standardize process and significantly reduce time to market.
- Conducts vendor evaluations / business reviews for compliance, effectiveness and performance and identifies areas of improvement for cross functional teams.
- Schedules and facilitates business reviews with Vendors. (Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) & Executive Business Reviews (EBRs).
- Develops Vendor Scorecards. Additionally, provides reporting of scorecards; including vendor performance, trends.
- Provides escalations to vendors for all operational issues.
- Help determine ways to improve service reliability and reduce cost.
Relationship and People Management Skills:
- Escalatesissues to Manager and on a dotted line basis to Vendor Managers and help drive to resolution.
- Partners effectively with other analysts and Vendor Managers on the team along with cross-functional interaction and to drive successful vendor management.
- Works collaboratively with others and build solid working relationships cross-functionally with IT Business Owners, FP&A and procurement teams.
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top