Vendor Manager, IT (Technical)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comThe Vendor Manager & Vendor Performance Manager (Technical) uses a variety of technical tools and skills on cross-functional projects to support the Vendor Management Team. The Technical Analyst will assist multiple Vendor Managers in Technology focused data gathering and reporting that will directly impact domain management and other strategic initiatives as needed. The role involves applying an understanding of data analytics, in-depth technical understanding of specific domains, future technology trends and vendor positioning within those domains and category markets to conduct systematic analysis to support the team.
- 5 years'Telecommunications/Wireless Industry experience in the areas of Engineering, Finance or Carrier Management desired or equivalent combination of education and experience. Transport/Network knowledge recommended.
- Proven analytical skill and ability is essential. Experience with data analytics tools (excel, SQL, Tableau).
- Experience with financial planning systems (eg., SAP, Marketplace).
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Key traits of vendor Managers are: positive attitude, Relationship focused internal and external relationships, ability to manage conflict, strong business principles/ethics/integrity.
- Understanding of the current telecommunications regulatory environment
- Familiarity with contracts/tariffs and the negotiation process.
- Ability to identify opportunities and to assess their impact on the business.
- Additional skills are: Contracting, Negotiations, Financial Analysis, Audit/Compliance, and Project Management.
Enterprise Core Competencies: Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Bachelor's degree Business, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance or related required.
Any course/certification in analytics preferred.
- Works with leadership to help determine areas of improvement on service reliability, cost savings and quality improvement. Identifies and proposes alternative solutions to upper management regarding service delivery / operating issues. Monitors and Communicates vendor financial and operational impacts to the T-Mobile Technology teams.
- Conducts vendor evaluations / business reviews for compliance, effectiveness and performance and identifies areas of improvement for cross functional teams.
- Schedules and facilitates business reviews with Vendors. (Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) & Executive Business Reviews (EBRs).
- Develops Vendor Scorecards. Additionally, provides reporting of scorecards; including vendor performance, trends.
- Drives accountability, from both T-Mobile and vendors in regards to implementation, service levels and adherence to T-Mobile's contractual obligations. Developsregular reports on contract milestones, execution and risk, and inform internal customers, vendors and management of activities and progress through regular written and verbal communication.
- Provides escalations to vendors for all operational issues.
- Work with procurement to determines vendor key performance indicators and trends. Help determine ways toimprove service reliability and reduce cost.
- Leads independent analysis and follow domain specific technology trends to become an expert in some of the overall 10 domains that TMUS EIT is moving to.
- Uses advanced data analytics and in conjunction with Operations Analysts, form a defendable opinion on vendor landscape within TMUS in that domain price, quality, technology, SWOT analysis per vendor and insights into utilization within current IT Business to eventually inform future strategy for those domains.
Relationship and People Management Skills:
- Partners effectively with other Operations Analysts and Vendor Management Analysts to drive successful vendor management.
- Escalates issues to Vendor Manager and Vendor Management Analyst.
- Develops relationships with IT managers, business owners and IT procurement.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top