Technology Solutions Manager (Continuity)
Technical Solutions Manager (Continuity)
WeÃ¢â,¬â¢re geeks in one way or another. We love our widgets to get things done faster, better and cheaper and of course to serve our customers. We canÃ¢â,¬â¢t wait for the next widget that will make everything better. That is, until weÃ¢â,¬â¢re buried in widgets of our past, present and future. Does it worry you that technology is advancing so fast that the Ã¢â,¬Ëlast big thingÃ¢â,¬â¢ has not been fully deployed and matured before itÃ¢â,¬â¢s Ã¢â,¬ËoldÃ¢â,¬â¢ 18 months later? It worries us. Does it feel like your organization is always in transformation? It is guaranteed. Are you scared that if you canÃ¢â,¬â¢t figure out a better way to manage transformation that you can never be AWESOME at anything? Breathe. This is what worries us too and we are working hard to solve some of these big problems.
As our Technology Solutions Manager for Continuity you will be proficient in the field of Disaster Recovery design and practice within the enterprise IT space. Having documented experience leading and orchestrating events between availability zones comprising multiple applications, technologies and teams. You enjoy helping development and support teams excel at industry best practices related to continuity of services.
Managing and working with diverse teams in remote locations is normal. Being able to successfully engage, support, and bring these teams together is key to success. Your soft skills in people management will be key in driving projects on time, with achievable scope, and with proper risk management. You have excellent written and verbal skills including the ability to present to upper management and peers with persuasion. You have a track record of driving service improvement initiatives across multiple platforms.
In addition to traditional Project Management and Program Management skills and capabilities, we hope you have extensive experience working on systems that comprise T-MobileÃ¢â,¬â¢s IT and/or Engineering services. You will be conversant with IP networks (firewalls, GTM, LTM, DNS, etc.), cloud and database technologies, and can manage the delivery of continuity solutions and improvements. You will have at least five yearsÃ¢â,¬â¢ hands on experience in IT or engineering systems in a complex production environment. In addition to the knowledge of T-MobileÃ¢â,¬â¢s systems you will have extensive knowledge of industry technologies and best practices related to operational requirements, operational readiness, continuous delivery and fail-over capabilities.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Manage business requirements and scope on a technical level, and coordinate between cross-functional teams to ensure product adherence to business requirements and architectural direction.
- Team with Project Managers to coordinate work effort between analysis, development, architecture, operations, release management, and quality assurance teams, and partner with Business Liaison teams to ensure alignment of technical solutions to business objectives and priorities.
- Provide key input / status to senior-level business stakeholders during project design, build, and testing phases.
- Establish and maintain relationships with business clients to ensure that their needs are articulated in business and technological terms.
- Directly and indirectly manage the work effort of T-Mobile development personnel and 3rd party vendors, in the delivery of assigned projects and programs.
- Requires experience understanding and project managing technical projects. You must be able to understand the details of the project, be able to critically analyze scope, defects, and limitations. You must be able to critically discuss and question the design, the problem, analyze and build proper risk management, and be able to guide project deliverables to success.
- Enterprise Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity: Understands historical and current DR practices. Has a firm grasp of database technologies, specifically Oracle 12c MAA and Global Data Services. Understands Infrastructure long haul capabilities, SAN, RAC, and very large-scale data storage methodologies to achieve high levels of resiliency.
- Experience planning and orchestrating enterprise DR events that involves leading cross functional teams.
- Ensure lessons learned from continuity events have solutions developed to improve the performance of future continuity events. Assist application teams in successfully improving their systems to provide a best in class DR service.
- Evangelize Continuity Services throughout T-Mobile
- Other tasks and activities to support our organization in providing great customer service
- Skills and knowledge acquired through professional Development, Tech. Lead, and Management experience are required in each of the following areas: Project Management, Change Management, Release Management, Requirements Gathering
- Experience in project management disciplines Ã¢â,¬ scope, schedule, budget, risk, and issue management,
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to triage issues across multiple systems and drive technical issues to resolution.
- Ability to lead by influence up, down, and across an organization
- 5+ years of project lead experience required
- 5+ years experience leading Business Support System (BSS) solution delivery in the telecommunications industry
- Technical consulting experience with executives preferred
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies preferred
- Experience with Billing processes and applications preferred
- Strong understanding of T-Mobile or general business processes, strategic technologies and architectures. Similar Telco or very large Enterprise grade IT or engineering system experience a must.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Relevant degrees and certification related to IT, networking, ITSM/ITIL, and various technical applications
- A problem solver and able to proactively identify issues and drive them to resolution. Six Sigma problem solving methodologies or similar experience
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Influencing Others: The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- Bachelors Degree. Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent
- Related experience and training in the above disciplines (5+ years preferred)
- DRI certification preferred e.g., MBCP
As AmericaÃ¢â,¬â¢s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: Ã¢â,¬Å"TMUSÃ¢â,¬?) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The companyÃ¢â,¬â¢s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top