Technician, Ntwk Ops Ctr (Video NOC)
Technician, Ntwk Ops Ctr (Video NOC)
**This position can be based in Frisco, TX or Snoqualmie, WA.
Provides remote network surveillance and first tier trouble shooting. Tests, locates and repairs simple to complex equipment problems. Performs basic configuration and fault management for wide array of platforms in the network including but not limited to IRDs, receivers, encoders, packagers, Arris CAP 1000, digital cross connects, and an assortment of adjunct and peripheral systems, and transport.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Works as part of a cross-functional team to conduct routine remote surveillance and tier 1/tier 1.5 maintenance activities for all network nodes in his/her area of responsibility. Provides support to other technicians and engineers. Performs fault isolation tests related to transport trouble and/or channel provider issues. Monitors network alarms, and performs fault isolation testing on video distribution signal flow and its components, Creates and responds to work orders and trouble tickets by either conducting restoration efforts or dispatching the appropriate technician for resolution. Escalates trouble tickets with third party vendors such as channel providers, power and telco companies, as well as second tier organizations within T-Mobile.
- Operations Support: Answers inbound telephone calls from a wide variety of client organizations and external groups and performs the necessary support required by the caller. Provides support during large scale outages and disaster recovery efforts.
- Enrolls in and completes training requirements to stay current on existing and new systems and products, to grow skills, and to maintain proficiency on company values and organizational requirements. Identifies, researches, and develops process improvements and recommends them to management for implementation.
- Works with more senior-level technicians to gain working knowledge of how to complete more complex troubleshooting and repair functions. Uses resource documentation for reference and troubleshooting network problems.
- 3+ years experience in a technical role
- Intermediate level Knowledge of video distribution networks and/or intermediate level understanding of large telecommunication networks. Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Intermediate level Understanding of video monitoring system setup/configuration and/or intermediate level understanding of large telecommunication networks.
- Good skills in Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Good communications skills
- This position operates in a 24x7x365 environment. Shift work and the ability to participate in an on-call rotation are required.
- Intermediate level understanding of MPEG and MPEG analysis
- Intermediate level experience with Tektronics Sentry and Medius setup and troubleshooting.
- Intermediate level Experience with cable TV, high speed internet, home networking
- High School Diploma
- In lieu of the experience requirement a Bachelor's degree, or Associates degree + 1 year of experience may be considered.
Employer is not currently sponsoring work visas for this position.
This position requires mobility (standing, walking, climbing, etc.); the ability to get from one place to another. This position requires bending, turning, twisting of your neck or at the waist. This position requires balancing and maintaining equilibrium
Ã¢â,¬ At least 18 years of age
Ã¢â,¬ Legally authorized to work in the United States
Ã¢â,¬ High School Diploma or GED
Ã¢â,¬ Pre-employment background screen
As AmericaÃ¢â,¬â¢s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: Ã¢â,¬Å"TMUSÃ¢â,¬?) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The companyÃ¢â,¬â¢s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Retail Associate Manager
Diego assists the store manager with day-to-day operations while working to develop the roles of his associates through hands-on sales coaching.
Back to top