Technician, Ntwk Ops Ctr (NOC Packet Core)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comTechnician, Network Packet Core Group (NOC)
This position will be in Snoqualmie, WA.
This position will perform 1st Level technical support within the T-Mobile Core Systems Group. This position will carry out diagnostic investigation of customer-impacting network issues, provide technical guidance and advise the technicians/engineers who are troubleshooting. This position will report problems to relevant T-Mobile and vendor organizations. Also provide recommendations to improve the customer experience or ease of operation long-term. The required support is performed over a wide array of platforms in the Network mainly using GPRS, SGSN, GGSN, and MMEs but not limited to Home Location Register (HLR), Message Sequence Chart (MSC), Base Station Controller (BSC), Radio Network Controller (RNC), Base Transceiver Station (BTS), Operation Support Systems (OSS), Voice Messaging System (VMS), LCS, ATM and IP. This position is the primary interface between T-Mobile Engineers and our Vendors.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- 3+ years experience in a technical role.
- Knowledge of IP Networking.
- Working knowledge of Packet Core Components.
- Intermediate level Understanding of Unix/Linux and Scripting.
- Intermediate level Knowledge of basic cell site topology, basic RF principles and system architecture.
- Good skills in Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to multitask and effectively handle multiple competing priorities.
- Good communications skills.
- This position operates in a 24x7x365 environment (able to work day and night shifts). Shift work and the ability to participate in an on-call rotation are required.
- Understanding of load balancing and proxy services.
- Knowledge of SQL database structures, SQL database query writing, Unix shell scripting, Perl, C++, Java scripts, and data manipulation.
- Experience working with Nokia or Cisco vendor equipment.
- Cisco certifications are a plus
- High School Diploma
- In lieu of the experience requirement a Bachelor's degree, or Associates degree + 1 year of experience may be considered.
This position requires mobility (standing, walking, climbing, etc.); the ability to get from one place to another. This position requires bending, turning, twisting of your neck or at the waist. This position requires balancing and maintaining equilibrium.
- Works as part of a cross-functional team to conduct routine remote surveillance and tier 1 maintenance activities for all network nodes in his/her area of responsibility. Provides support to other technicians and engineers. Performs fault isolation tests related to transport trouble. Monitors network alarms, and performs fault isolation testing on radio and switching networks and peripherals, Creates and responds to work orders and trouble tickets by either conducting restoration efforts. Escalates trouble tickets with third party vendors and tier organizations within T-Mobile.
- Operations Support: Answers inbound telephone calls from a wide variety of client organizations and external groups and performs the necessary support required by the caller. Provides support during large scale outages and disaster recovery efforts.
- Enrolls in and completes training requirements to stay current on existing and new systems and products, to grow skills, and to maintain proficiency on company values and organizational requirements. Identifies, researches, and develops process improvements and recommends them to management for implementation.
- Works with more senior-level technicians to gain working knowledge of how to complete more complex troubleshooting and repair functions. Uses resource documentation for reference and troubleshooting network problems.
- Provide timely updates to T-Mobile groups and Vendors via trouble tickets and emails.
- Create Work Orders so the Markets and Vendors can complete software deployment, hardware replacement or feature activation.
At least 18 years of age
Legally authorized to work in the United States
High School Diploma or GED
Pre-employment background screenWe Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top