Technician, Ntwk Ops Ctr (NOC IP Support - TX/WA/NJ)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comTechnician, Ntwk Ops Ctr (NOC IP Support)
This position can be based in either Frisco, TX, Snoqualmie, WA or Parsippany, NJ.
This role is a subject matter expert in complex telecommunications networks and T-Mobile processes. Knowledgeable in advanced remote network surveillance and first tier troubleshooting as well as network verification and change management. This may include, but is not limited to, testing, locating and repairing simple to complex equipment and network problems, configuration faults, or interface problems with transport vendors. This function may be called upon to work within all elements of the T-Mobile network which includes, but is not limited to, platforms in the IP networks, GSM, UMTS, or LTE Radio Access networks as well as value added services, messaging platforms, and other system elements. This role will mentor, direct, and train other technicians to develop their skills, including fault identification, isolation, and resolution
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- 3+ years' experience in a technical role.
- Intermediate level Understanding of TCP/IP concepts and common router user interfaces and command structure.
- Intermediate level Knowledge of basic Cisco topology.
- Good skills in Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Good communications skills
- This position operates in a 24x7x365 environment. Shift work and the ability to participate in quarterly shift rotation are required.
- Experience with Cisco equipment
- Experience with ALU 7750 and 7705 routers
- CCNA or CCNP
- Intermediate level Knowledge of basic RF principles and system architecture.
- High School Diploma
- In lieu of the experience requirement a Bachelor's degree, or Associates degree + 1 year of experience may be considered.
License or Certification
This position requires mobility (standing, walking, climbing, etc.); the ability to get from one place to another. This position requires bending, turning, twisting of your neck or at the waist. This position requires balancing and maintaining equilibrium. This position operates in a 24x7x365 environment. Shift work and the ability to participate in an on-call rotation are required.
- Works as part of a cross-functional team to conduct routine remote surveillance and tier 1 maintenance activities for all network nodes in his/her area of responsibility. Provides support to other technicians and engineers. Performs fault isolation tests related to transport trouble. Monitors network alarms, and performs fault isolation testing on radio and switching networks and peripherals, Creates and responds to work orders and trouble tickets by either conducting restoration efforts or dispatching the appropriate technician for resolution. Escalates trouble tickets with third party vendors such as transport, power and telco companies, as well as second tier organizations within T-Mobile.
- Operations Support: Answers inbound telephone calls from a wide variety of client organizations and external groups and performs the necessary support required by the caller. Provides support during large scale outages and disaster recovery efforts.
- Enrolls in and completes training requirements to stay current on existing and new systems and products, to grow skills, and to maintain proficiency on company values and organizational requirements. Identifies, researches, and develops process improvements and recommends them to management for implementation.
- Works with more senior-level technicians to gain working knowledge of how to complete more complex troubleshooting and repair functions. Uses resource documentation for reference and troubleshooting network problems.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top