Technician, Ntwk Ops Ctr (Engineering Customer Support)
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comNETWORK OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN (Engineering Customer Support)
T-Mobile is looking for a Network Operations Technician for the Engineering Customer Support (ECS) organization. ECS provides advanced technical support for T-Mobile's CARE Organization. Duties include the analysis and isolation of complex technical issues reported by T-Mobile subscribers, along with the responsibility to work with national, regional, and market teams to drive resolution. This position requires strong leadership skills and technical understanding of the data and voice services supported by T-Mobile.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Basic understanding of the technologies T-Mobile utilizes to serve its customers, such as LTE, UMTS, GSM &/or TCP/IP, Voice core, EPC, IMS knowledge.
- 3+ years experience in a technical role.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and isolate network issues.
- Ability to work weekends is required.
- Solid experience with Voice, Data, Core and/or RAN network troubleshooting.
- Experience performing technical support for Customer Care.
- Unix, Linux, scripting skills are nice to have skills.
- Technical certifications
- High School Diploma
- In lieu of the experience requirement a Bachelor's degree, or Associates degree + 1 year of experience may be considered.
This position requires mobility (standing, walking, climbing, etc.); the ability to get from one place to another. This position requires bending, turning, twisting of your neck or at the waist. This position requires balancing and maintaining equilibrium. This position may include shift work and the ability to participate in an on-call rotation and availability to work weekends.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with Technology and Care teams for issue resolution, develop and maintain troubleshooting documentation, analyze trending and processes to identify areas of improvement.
- Create training material and provide mentoring to junior Technicians.
- Provide knowledgeable support across all types of customer complaint categories and being capable of answering technical questions, handling escalations, and driving resolutions to real time outage scenarios.
- Weekend and evening shifts will required to meet coverage requirements.
At least 18 years of age
Legally authorized to work in the United States
High School Diploma or GED
Pre-employment background screenT-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top