Technician, Data Center Operations
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comTechnician, Data Center Operations
Interact with support teams both internal and external as well as with local contractors and vendors. Must ensure that facilities problems are identified and repaired quickly, that contractors deliver quality services, and that internal customer demands are met. A good technician develops creative approaches to keep operational costs to a minimum, improve efficiency, and implement new strategies. This is an operational support position that will require on call and off hours support.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- 2+ yrs Experience working with enterprise class compute and network nodes, preferably in a Data Center environment.
- Basic to mid level understanding of data center equipment and architecture, with a focus on networking/cabling and compute/network hardware. -Connectivity -Server hardware -Network hardware -Physical & logical security -Power (UPS, battery string, etc.) -Cooling (HVAC, chiller, CRAC units) -Space planning (to account for zone requirements inside data center to ensure appropriate levels of cooling, power, etc. are available) -Raised floor design & implementation within a data center environment.
- Ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on these systems.
- Ability to learn quickly and address issues as they arise during normal working hours or when on call.
- Need to be able to quickly evaluate and establish current state and be able to make decisions that will ensure safe and reliable operation of equipment in the facility.
- Need to be able to work with internal and external customers and vendors with a customer service focus.
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation and ability to work off-shift hours is required
- Cisco or networking certifications
- High School Diploma
License or Certification
Associates degree or better in computer technology or related field is preferred. Any technical hardware, software, or networking certifications are a plus.
This job requires heavy lifting, use of hands/fingers, moving mechanical parts, some chemicals, occasional exposure to weather, and ear plugs are recommended due to the noise. This position requires mobility (standing, walking, climbing, etc.).
- Perform installation, cabling for power and network connections, and initial configuration of servers, network equipment, and other Data Center nodes.
- Troubleshoot and repair connectivity issues and hardware failures.
- Assist in operating, monitoring, maintaining, and responding to abnormal conditions in facilities systems. Areas include: electrical, mechanical, building monitoring and control.
- Work on cross-functional teams to coordinate equipment installation, repairs, and improvements.
- Assist project teams with delivery of complex installations, this will include determining the best location as well as ensure proper redundant connections and documentation.
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment background screen.T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top