Systems Automation Engineer
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comAre you ready to join the Uncarrier movement? Do you enjoy working on products with direct customer impact? Are you looking for a team of high performers to help expand your skills and experience? Can you bring Uncarrier to everything you do?-you think outside of the box and aren't afraid to break the rules.
T-Mobile's software developers develop a wide variety of technologies that change how millions of users connect and interact with one another. We're looking for ideas from diverse areas including third party billing, authentication and access, services, security, user interface, data persistence and analytics, tools and automation, etc.
As a software developer, you work in small teams to tackle problems as we continue to push technology forward. As a key member of the team, you design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions. We operate in a fast-paced environment using agile methodology and lightweight SOA design patterns. We
encourage innovation and expect developers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software
- Expert knowledge of private cloud technologies required (VMWare, OpenStack)
- Expert knowledge of infrastructure automation platforms (i.e. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins etc.) required
- Expert knowledge of scripting languages (i.e. Python, Ruby, PowerShell, etc.) required
- Expert knowledge of code development methods required
- In-depth knowledge of continuous improvement and continuous delivery preferred
- In-depth knowledge of server operating systems required (RedHat, Ubuntu, Windows 10, Windows server)
- In-depth knowledge and experience supporting enterprise solutions preferred
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise monitoring solutions preferred (ELK, Zabbix)
- Knowledge of networking concepts (advanced networking/switching/routing) preferred
- Knowledge of Network Functions Virtualization in Mobile environments preferred
- Development of applications that use or implement RESTful services
- Experience designing and developing using Java Enterprise (J2EE) is desired but not mandatory
- Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work.
- Experience in working with a cross-functional team or largescale software development life cycle, including waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Welcome change and complexity. Learn quickly and adapt fast. We are looking for folks to lead the charge, not just keep up with it.
- You love learning and mentoring others.
Researching, designing and developing performant and scalable monitoring infrastructure
- Working with customers, sometimes onsite, on gathering telemetry data for application analysis
- Developing innovative new ways of presenting performance telemetry data
- Helping to improve operational resilience of OpenStack and identifying failure root causes
- Writing python or equivalent scripts (or via Jenkins) with vendor and internal customers to deploy, in an automated fashion, software across existing servers (virtual or bare metal) that run a Java AS such as Oracle Weblogic
- Writing and implementing python or equivalent scripts with vendor and internal customers to scalein/scaleout Virtual Machines and perform OS/Application configuration management within an Openstack or VMWare environment
- Facilitate good technical designs and solutions based on modern software development patterns and practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or the foreign equivalent and 5 years of
- progressively responsible post-baccalaureate relevant work experience.
- In the alternative, we will accept a master's degree in Computer Science or related field or the
- foreign equivalent and 3 years of relevant work experience.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of T-Mobile's Employees
Radio Frequency Engineer
Hendrik upgrades and deploys T-Mobile technologies. He works with contractors to seamlessly implement the latest and most efficient customer-friendly technology specifications across various sites.
Back to top